Posting issue

I just spent the last 10 minutes typing a new post in the networking forum. I pressed the submit button, only to get an error stating that the page was not available for my account. I discovered that conveniently while in the middle of typing my post, the site logged me out. Why isn't there any notice that I'm about to get logged out? 

That's unfortunate, but it shouldn't be the case. Can you think of some way that we can replicate the issue? It could be a freak occurrence, or maybe something on your system that cleared the cookies as you were writing?

The only time I've encountered something like this would be with the cookies being deleted, which will erase the login details and so consider you to be logged out of the account.

All I know is that I logged into the site, went to the network forum, and spent 5-10 minutes typing a post. I hit submit and got an error stating the page is not available for my account. When I went back to the main page, it appeared as though I had been logged out.

I haven't deleted any cookies from my browser, but have periodically cleared the cache and history.

I'm now re-typing my post from my desktop computer. Just to be certain that I won't encounter the same issue again, I'll make sure to copy the posting before I submit it.

There is a bug in IPB 4.1.16.1 which is causing people to get logged out especially if they sign in on another device. IPB are supposed to be fixing it in 4.1.17 but people are asking for a hotfix asap though.

40 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

There is a bug in IPB 4.1.16.1 which is causing people to get logged out especially if they sign in on another device. IPB are supposed to be fixing it in 4.1.17 but people are asking for a hotfix asap though.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll be sure to patch it as soon as IPB release a fix

Just now, warwagon said:

This site feels like it's been crawling today.

There's been an issue with a slow query, I think I may have tracked it down and resolved it now