Tesla P100D - 100KW of ludicrous plaid

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DocM said:

Make mine a Model X, family etc., or perhaps either the pickup or van they should be announcing soon.

Hearing a lot of bad things about the doors on those things.  There are a couple Ive seen around town.  Havent talked to the owners, but online - it seems the doors are a bit problematic.  Maybe too much tech ?

Regardless, I'd certainly take one.  But if I had to make payments on it - it'd be the Model S for me.

1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

Hearing a lot of bad things about the doors on those things.  There are a couple Ive seen around town.  Havent talked to the owners, but online - it seems the doors are a bit problematic.  Maybe too much tech ?

The door fix has been a seriescof software updates with another (v8.1) due in December.  v8.0 made it much faster and fixed other issues.

The Model X delivery delay and gull wing issues flowed from a supplier not being able to deliver a hydraulic actuation system on time etc.. That lawsuit was settled, and Tesla replaced it with an in-house developed electric system which has needed tuning via software updates. 

• 2 months later...

I was reading the Motor Trend article where they did the record-setting 0-60 run in the P100D and saw this pic, I think it is awesome:

This is the prompt before going into Ludicrous Mode

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

These things get to 60 pretty quick, but fall off right after. It's one of the reasons you see those other cars pull ahead after the Tesla initially destroys them. Still super impressive, but the sound and performance of the Huracan is by far better imo.

• 5 months later...
28 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Wow, i've never seen one not end in a crash! I must be watching the wrong videos.

*sigh* :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xendrome said:

Nice endangering the lives of others on a public road.... love it.

I did think "Should they really be doing that there" but I don't know what was in place or agreements made, so...