Wall mounting the PC - to stud or not to stud?

Hi guys I'm going to mount the PC on the wall. The case is Thermaltake's Core P3.   I've located the stud, but the location is terrible in proportion to everything else (Big TV, cabinet etc..).

The mount came with the plastic inserts after you make your holes in the wall, so I'm wondering if they'll be able to mount without the stud, or will that just rip the whole wall open after I mount it? :p  What say you? The case isn't too heavy, I'd say 30 pounds vs the 50 and 80 pound TVs that normally hang on these things.  It's a bracket, not a swivel, so it'll be pulling straight down instead of away from the wall.

Should I just go with the cringe and mount it on the stud (ugly proportions)  or  will it be safe on the regular drywall between the studs?

I would never, ever, use those plastic wall anchors, especially for mounting my expensive PC. Heck, I didn't even use the plastic ones to mount my dry erase board in the spare room. If you really don't want to mount it via the stud, invest in threaded drywall metal anchors or threaded drywall toggles.

14 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I would never, ever, use those plastic wall anchors, especially for mounting my expensive PC. Heck, I didn't even use the plastic ones to mount my dry erase board in the spare room. If you really don't want to mount it via the stud, invest in threaded drywall metal anchors or threaded drywall toggles.

I lost a printer to those stupid plastic anchors. 

On 11/5/2016 at 7:17 PM, Izlude said:

Thanks all, ok I'll go for the metal ones.  :)

That's a good choice @Izlude.  I also prefer the metal ones because they are actually more flexible.