Watch the first 33 minutes of Dead Rising 4 and find out why Frank West is back in Willamette

Tuesday, 8 November 2016 11:38 GMT By Sherif Saed

Frank West can’t escape what happened in the original Dead Rising, even in his dreams.

Dead Rising 4 brings back the original game’s protagonist, Frank West, as he once again finds himself in zombie-infested Willamette, where the infamous Willamette Mall is located.

IGN, captured the first 33 minutes of the game in the video above. The start of it is pretty clever, using a nightmare sequence as a way of introducing the game’s core mechanics. It doesn’t take long for things to go south, however, which is when the real story begins.

Continues...

• 3 weeks later...

So just saw this topic (sorry) and watched the video. Is that the same voice actor for Frank as in the original? Doesn't sound like it to me?

Also, I really like the way they are going with this one. Not sure how the rest of the game will play, but I can't wait for it now.

1 hour ago, LOC said:

So just saw this topic (sorry) and watched the video. Is that the same voice actor for Frank as in the original? Doesn't sound like it to me?

Also, I really like the way they are going with this one. Not sure how the rest of the game will play, but I can't wait for it now.

Nope, they replaced the actor:

Dead Rising 4: Why Capcom Went With Different Frank West Actor

Freakin' awesome!!!!! I love the Dead Rising series! Watched a lot of youtube vids of gameplay (unfortunately, I do not own, nor have I played any of them, but still, looks like an awesome game!)

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Yep, figures. But, its ok I guess. It isn't like Frank West is some long term character like Snake or something like that. :|

44 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

Freakin' awesome!!!!! I love the Dead Rising series! Watched a lot of youtube vids of gameplay (unfortunately, I do not own, nor have I played any of them, but still, looks like an awesome game!)

You should really play Dead Rising 3 to get ready for 4 :D I seriously doubt you'll need to play any of the previous games to get ready for 4, but 3 and 4 are going to be very similar (compared to say, 1 and 2) in the end and 3 is damn good fun. Though I'd recommend the PC version, if that's possible for you. Plus, the remasters of the original games, are pretty good also.

57 minutes ago, LOC said:

Yep, figures. But, its ok I guess. It isn't like Frank West is some long term character like Snake or something like that. :|

You should really play Dead Rising 3 to get ready for 4 :D I seriously doubt you'll need to play any of the previous games to get ready for 4, but 3 and 4 are going to be very similar (compared to say, 1 and 2) in the end and 3 is damn good fun. Though I'd recommend the PC version, if that's possible for you. Plus, the remasters of the original games, are pretty good also.

Oh, my pc will play it, it's just I have no $ to buy it, so I just get to watch other people play it. :/