I've left Insider

Been a member since the day it launched, and I've always run the latest MS previews/alphas/betas. But enough is enough.

The Insider 'previews' are now nothing more than builds compiled and sent out to the public to act as testers. They don't seem to perform even the most basic of tests internally since its only the devs who are supposed to test code now. And I got tired of constantly having a huge image download and OS reinstall just to test minor fixes that may or may not work.

I've submitted a bunch of feedback, I doubt anyone is even looking at that since the most starred issues get ignored anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Defcon said:

I've submitted a bunch of feedback, I doubt anyone is even looking at that since the most starred issues get ignored anyway.

The whole feedback program was for marketing purposes only, trying to paint a happy face on a monster.

2 hours ago, Defcon said:

The Insider 'previews' are now nothing more than builds compiled and sent out to the public to act as testers.

What did you originally think they were? This rant, sounds like you were not educated on what the WIP was from the get go.

I enjoy getting a new build about once a week. It gives me more to do and I look forward to the next Build. I have a problem with Edge but I do not use it or ever will so it is no big deal. The kernel or core of the OS is better with every build.

Hello,

The Windows Insider Builds do go through internal testing at Microsoft, however, they are by no means "production-grade."  They are released for the explicit purpose of allowing Microsoft to try out new ideas and feature and receive feedback on how well they work.

Windows Insiders get the opportunity to look at and explore these changes, new features, and concepts first.  In exchange, they are expected to provide feedback, report bugs and so forth.   Microsoft does analyze the reports given through the Feedback Hub, but, of course this is done in aggregate.  Issues which are important, as evidenced by their upvotes, are given priority.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Defcon said:

Been a member since the day it launched, and I've always run the latest MS previews/alphas/betas. But enough is enough.

The Insider 'previews' are now nothing more than builds compiled and sent out to the public to act as testers. They don't seem to perform even the most basic of tests internally since its only the devs who are supposed to test code now. And I got tired of constantly having a huge image download and OS reinstall just to test minor fixes that may or may not work.

Y'know... That's kinda why I haven't upgraded yet...

I find myself warming up to 10, but then I get 'that old feeling' and refrain from upgrading my main rig..

Once they figure out that customers are not beta testers, I'll be more welcoming to the idea of the new Windows OS

• Like 2