iPhone 6S .... stay on 9.3.5 or move to 10.1.1?

My main concern here is battery drain. I've heard that 10.1.1 can be a battery killer.

I currently run 9.3.5 on my iPhone 6S. Just wondering whether i should bother upgrading or will i constantly need it plugged in to a charging point?

10.1.1 on my iPad has made no impact on battery usage.  But it could be different on the phone.

2 minutes ago, ctebah said:

Battery life increased on my 6 when going from iOS 9 to iOS 10.  It was a very slight increase (about 45 min.)

I concur...

I'm on 10.2 on a 6s and have noticed slightly better battery life.

Battery life might take a toll during the first day or so while the file system indexes itself.  I think people jump the gun and mistakenly see this as a decrease in battery life, but it's only temporary.  10.X has been working great on my 6S.

10.x -> 10.2 beta have all caused Chrome to occasionally freeze on returning from being backgrounded. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it crashes.

This happened to my 6S Plus and 7 Plus. Something to keep in mind.

I had issues going from 9 to 10 (a lot of screen freezes) but I "reset all settings" and it's been fine since. The only issue I have is with voicemail. It seems to freeze for a few seconds at times. I removed some older ones and it seemed to help.

Haha, as is usually the case - get positive responses so go ahead & do it, come back to ask something else & in the meantime the negative replies have come in :( We shall see.

Anyway, i found something that could possibly be very irritating. With the SMS text messages, in iOS 9 i could 'drop down' the suggested words that'd appear above the keyboard. In this iOS10, i don't seem to be able to do that. I keep pressing the suggested words & trying to 'drop them down' but they remain.

It was something i didn't like at all in iOS9 which is why i always had them dropped as i never used them.

I hope i can drop them in iOS10??

Well to post back on this....

I 'upgraded' i think on Sunday - 13th November.

Now on iOS 9.3.5 the battery usage was pretty much the same throughout....

Charge the phone at night, take off charge. Wake up ... 100%.

Use at breakfast ... 97%.

11am break at work ... maybe 95%

1:30pm break at work .... maybe 60% (by the end of the break as i'd use it quite a bit then)

5:30pm hometime ... somewhere around 50-55%.

And that was the same ... day in, day out.

Like i said, i upgraded to iOS10 on Sunday.

Monday wasn't too bad. Worse than the iOS9 days but nothing major.

The past few days though have been shockingly terrible. The phone is almost useless.

So i would wake & the phone would be 100%.

Use at breakfast .... 85%

yesterday at 11am break it was 56%, today at 10am (i took an early break) it was 11%. Yes, 11%, from 85% at 6:30am!!

At 1:30pm break yesterday it was 11%. Today by 12pm (again early break today) it was 2%!!

Oh & on Monday it died from 50%.

Both yesterday & today after first break i would turn it off, turn it on & it would read about 60-70%.

Then the second break after it had dropped to pretty much single figures i would do the same but this time it would stay in single figures.

I've turned off things to save battery. For example i've removed all widgets. Turned off lift to wake & things like that.

I always close all apps after break.

Location services don't appear to be tracking anything in the background.

And it's been night & day - ok with iOS9 but as soon as i went to iOS10 it's been terrible.

Not really sure what to do next.