• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

My iPhone 4S for a Conference

JenZen    1

Our conference will begin in the first week of December. I'm aware then that it will be held online again.I always depend
on my laptop in doing so but in the meantime, I'll be out of the country to take care of important matters (personal).
Hence, I only plan to bring my iPhone 4S with me. For some reasons, I'd want to limit my baggage. Consequently, I hope my
phone features won't be a hindrance. What do you think about it? Would it be possible for me to connect and shares files
and videos easily with any online apps?

Edited by JenZen

The Evil Overlord    18,440

if it's all within the apple ecosystem, then I'll guess yes

• Like 1

Daedroth    489

If depends on a whole bunch of things.

1) Will you have good wireless reception and reliable internet speeds where you will be staying/taking the conference call?

2) Battery life may be an issue depending on the length of the conference. Sure, you could have your iPhone plugged in, but that limits where you can be and you general movement.

3) What will you be using to connect and share files? Is there an iOS app available for it?

4) What documents will be shared? Do you have the required apps to open them, such as an office suite, PDF viewer, etc.

+fusi0n    1,999

You'll need an app for each platform that use to share files.  This is still one place iOS falls short. I'm an iPhone user myself, but sharing files is much easier on Android, mostly due to having access to the actual file system. Each file you save from iOS, is saved in the apps container. You'll have to do a lot of thumbing around. If you don't want to take a laptop (which I recommend you do), try to get a cheap used Android tablet.

I'm not sure what type of conference this is, but the last thing you'll want is stress at these things. Conferences usually come with a great deal of stress, at least for me. So, I try to prepare myself as much as possible. You have made the first step of asking, but with the little information you have provided, I would highly recommend a laptop.

JenZen    1

I've tried secure video conference and it works. Thanks everyone for your help. If you still have anymore suggestion please let me know since we will be using video conference from time to time. Thanks!