Can I play my video on my desktop and watch on my tv?

Question

hi

i guess it's mosltly hardware related, but sometime i have some video work and i want to watch wireless on my tv from my desktop

i want to use my desktop and not my laptop just because sometime i want to make some edit

i use mostly Vlc and i have a subscription of premiere cc 2015 , now i have 2017 too installed

what can i use  via hardware (maybe some cheap solution and some good choise advises are very wellcome) ?

i thought about Chromecast , it was my first idea , my desktop does have a wireless , it connected to my router wireless

and how can i set up my operation sytem to play it ?

thanks

10 answers to this question

On 11/11/2016 at 5:46 PM, drugo said:

hi

i guess it's mosltly hardware related, but sometime i have some video work and i want to watch wireless on my tv from my desktop

i want to use my desktop and not my laptop just because sometime i want to make some edit

i use mostly Vlc and i have a subscription of premiere cc 2015 , now i have 2017 too installed

what can i use  via hardware (maybe some cheap solution and some good choise advises are very wellcome) ?

i thought about Chromecast , it was my first idea , my desktop does have a wireless , it connected to my router wireless

and how can i set up my operation sytem to play it ?

thanks

chromecast on tv, then use chrome browser to cast to said chromecast.

On 21/12/2016 at 2:37 PM, Mando said:

chromecast on tv, then use chrome browser to cast to said chromecast.

hi

but can i with chromecast use vlc?

and i'm using a desktop connected to my router via lan

thanks

There are many ways to do that depends on what devices you use such as: 

• Apple TV via AirPlay (iphone, ipad, ipod to TV.)
  • Xbox (play videos from PC to Xbox)
  • Chromecast
  • Smart TV for the said devices via DLNA etc.

On 29/1/2017 at 10:31 AM, TAZMINATOR said:

There are many ways to do that depends on what devices you use such as: 

• Chromecast

hi

thanks for the answer

i'm thinking to buy chromecast , i know how connect to my tv , but what do i need for my desktop ?

i mean my desktop is connected to my router with wireless, do i need a thiry software to mirror my desktop monitor to tv?

i'm using w10 ,but on my desktop i have w7 too

thanks

1 hour ago, drugo said:

hi

thanks for the answer

i'm thinking to buy chromecast , i know how connect to my tv , but what do i need for my desktop ?

i mean my desktop is connected to my router with wireless, do i need a thiry software to mirror my desktop monitor to tv?

i'm using w10 ,but on my desktop i have w7 too

thanks

You will need browser extension for that if you are using Windows.  But if you are using something else, you have to look it up for FAQ on Chrome website for that. I doubt it.  If you need to, you will need the DLNA compatible devices such as PC, TV, etc. so they all can work together.

If you are using Mac devices such as iMac, iPad,iPhone, no software needed, they are ready as you are as long as you have Apple TV.

If you have Xbox, it shoudl work with Widnows 10, no software needed since Xbox is DLNA compatible. Not sure about Windows 7 .. i have not tested it yet... someone will jump in and help you on this one.  I think you may have to setup the network logins between those devices in order to work.

1 hour ago, TAZMINATOR said:

You will need browser extension for that if you are using Windows.  But if you are using something else, you have to look it up for FAQ on Chrome website for that. I doubt it.  If you need to, you will need the DLNA compatible devices such as PC, TV, etc. so they all can work together.

If you are using Mac devices such as iMac, iPad,iPhone, no software needed, they are ready as you are as long as you have Apple TV.

If you have Xbox, it shoudl work with Widnows 10, no software needed since Xbox is DLNA compatible. Not sure about Windows 7 .. i have not tested it yet... someone will jump in and help you on this one.  I think you may have to setup the network logins between those devices in order to work.

hi

i don't own a mac , i use windows 10 pro 64bit , i don't own a xbox

i would like to mirror my desktop monitor with a tv wireless

i guess chromecat it's not for me ,  because i would like to mirror video on vlc , or premire cc (preview)

i need another device , not apple tv ,a friend owns a imac and an apple tv ,we have tried i don't like it

my tv , is 1 year ago but it's not a not a smart tv

is there another device that can i buy?

or there are other solutions?

thanks

Just now, drugo said:

hi

i don't own a mac , i use windows 10 pro 64bit , i don't own a xbox

i would like to mirror my desktop monitor with a tv wireless

i guess chromecat it's not for me ,  because i would like to mirror video on vlc , or premire cc (preview)

i need another device , not apple tv ,a friend owns a imac and an apple tv ,we have tried i don't like it

my tv , is 1 year ago but it's not a not a smart tv

is there another device that can i buy?

or there are other solutions?

thanks

There are cheap DVD/blu-ray player with built-in DLNA feature..  So you can hook it up to TV since you don't have any of the devices above as I mentioned earlier.  

If you can't afford to get a DVD player, then nothing you could do about it. Unless you should save up and get something from the list i mentioned, that you wanted to mirror something on your TV.

Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

There are cheap DVD/blu-ray player with built-in DLNA feature..  So you can hook it up to TV since you don't have any of the devices above as I mentioned earlier.  

If you can't afford to get a DVD player, then nothing you could do about it. Unless you should save up and get something from the list i mentioned, that you wanted to mirror something on your TV.

hi

thanks TAZMINATOR , i will give a look at a cheap dvd/blu-ray player with DLNA feature

but it's sad there is no device like apple tv

chromecast it's cool and cheap but i will always slave of chrome

appreciate it