Found a paypal slider, safe?

Found an old desk on the street, in the drawer was a paypal slider for phones!  I wonder... can I use it?  Is it already tied to someone's account already?  Is it hacked somehow?   What are the dangers of using a found paypal card slider vs a brand new one?  Or is it all up to the app and the slider just a card reader only?

It's a reader but you can create an account for it in the app on the phone. You have to setup for it.

But I am not sure if that slider is on blacklist due to the serial number in it. You can use your own account for it and see if it works. If so, you are good. Otherwise it may be blacklisted and you won't be able to use it. I could be wrong on this one.

Ahhh, it wants my social security number.... or tax number..  Has anyone ever had a problem giving paypal this info?  I think I'll opt for a tax ID...

Also it wants to upgrade me to business account (says for free).  Any monthly fee?  Or only taken out per transaction?  Also if I get money as a gift, will it still apply?

Edited by Izlude