Issues found so far with the PS4 Pro

Anyone else experiencing issues with the Playstation Pro?

For me, here's a list of issues seen either myself or other sites are reporting it:

I've Seen

- When using Dynamic Themes on a 4K HDR TV, some games performance drops - feels like input lag. I have tried the dynamic themes of Titan Fall 2, Rise of Iron, Black Ops III. By changing to a static theme or Flow resolves the issue. When the issue is present, holding the PS button becomes less snappy and Destiny and The Division seems to have the lag.

- Controller drifting. When playing The Division, if I try to do precision aiming or take my hands off the controller, the view drifts slowly to the bottom right. Turning the controller off then connecting a normal PS4 controller and there is no drift. Switch back, it is there. Also had the new controller switch itself off mid game.

In the Media

- Some 4K TVs with HDR have a black screen - http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/14/13625920/ps4-pro-4k-tv-black-screen

- Some Pro enhanced games perform worse on the Pro than the original PS4 - 
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/12/list-of-ps4-pro-games-with-issues-111216/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-why-are-some-ps4-pro-titles-running-slower-than-base-hardware
Impacted games so far; Watch Dogs 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Hitman, Mantis Burn Racing, Skyrim Special Edition, The Last of Us Remastered, World of Final Fantasy

- Loud fan (Mine is whisper-quiet)

Not seeing any issues myself.

As far as Watch Dogs 2, DF makes a living being overly critical of games. It is dropping 3-4 frames in super intensive scenes with a higher resolution and some more graphical effects. I played it a good 4 hours last night and never once thought to myself it seemed to be performing poorly, or even noticed.

My point being is they are making a pretty good fuss over nothing in the grand scheme of things. And not only that, I am willing to bet money a patch will be released to address the issues.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

As far as Watch Dogs 2, DF makes a living being overly critical of games. It is dropping 3-4 frames in super intensive scenes with a higher resolution and some more graphical effects. I played it a good 4 hours last night and never once thought to myself it seemed to be performing poorly, or even noticed.

My point being is they are making a pretty good fuss over nothing in the grand scheme of things. And not only that, I am willing to bet money a patch will be released to address the issues.

I know exactly what you are saying - WD2 plays great on my Pro - but there is also the other part of me that says ".... but it should perform worse than the PS4 version with the same circumstance...."

Killing Floor 2 comes out tomorrow and DF did an analysis from 4 weeks ago saying that it suffers from fps drops on both the PS4 and Pro - but I am sure that wasn't final code. From what I read today, it seems like they have gone for 1800p upscaled to 4K using checkerboard... and textures are 'ultra' quality - all hitting 60fps...

we'll see.... no reviews yet...

On 11/17/2016 at 10:53 AM, DirtyLarry said:

And the sad thing is people give in to it and jump on their bandwagon too, making a big deal over a 2 FPS difference. If you watch some of their other videos they go on about how Tomb Raider for example struggles to maintain 30 FPS, when it drops to say 29 FPS momentarily just for a few seconds.

• Like 2

I won't be purchasing one, but had a go of my mates the other day. Only played CoD but when pushing it in multiplayer scenes it starts sounding as bad as my jet forced PS4. I thought they would have fixed this? Or did he get a bad console and should return it for a swap? Is anyone else having loudness issues?

Might be Australia's warming up temperatures affecting this as well. 

10 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

I won't be purchasing one, but had a go of my mates the other day. Only played CoD but when pushing it in multiplayer scenes it starts sounding as bad as my jet forced PS4. I thought they would have fixed this? Or did he get a bad console and should return it for a swap? Is anyone else having loudness issues?

Might be Australia's warming up temperatures affecting this as well. 

There was/is a thread on Neogaf about this very issue and a lot of people are reporting no loudness issues. I am one of those people. It has never gotten loud at all for me. It is in fact surprisingly quiet.

One person returned theirs and said it was way better, one person claims they are on console #3 and it is still the same.

Which leads me to believe that perhaps environment does play a big role. I am on the East Coast and it is definitely Fall type weather. Even getting some winter weather now. So it is pretty cool all things considered.
How hot is it in Australia right now? Actually I just Googled the weather in Australia. That weather should not be causing any heating issues.

Is it in a well ventilated area?

The other thing I can suggest is to verify it was not downloading an update for either COD itself or another game in the background while playing COD. The few times I had heard my PS4 get really loud it was doing two things at once (downloading a game and playing a game), and while you think it should be able to handle that, that caused the fan to kick into overdrive.

I personally would say to error on the side of caution and exchange it. I would say if it is loud or not, and as I said, it is actually surprisingly quiet. It is more quiet than my PS4.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DirtyLarry said:

There was/is a thread on Neogaf about this very issue and a lot of people are reporting no loudness issues. I am one of those people. It has never gotten loud at all for me. It is in fact surprisingly quiet.

One person returned theirs and said it was way better, one person claims they are on console #3 and it is still the same.

Which leads me to believe that perhaps environment does play a big role. I am on the East Coast and it is definitely Fall type weather. Even getting some winter weather now. So it is pretty cool all things considered.
How hot is it in Australia right now? Actually I just Googled the weather in Australia. That weather should not be causing any heating issues.

Is it in a well ventilated area?

The other thing I can suggest is to verify it was not downloading an update for either COD itself or another game in the background while playing COD. The few times I had heard my PS4 get really loud it was doing two things at once (downloading a game and playing a game), and while you think it should be able to handle that, that caused the fan to kick into overdrive.

I personally would say to error on the side of caution and exchange it. I would say if it is loud or not, and as I said, it is actually surprisingly quiet. It is more quiet than my PS4.

Just googling conversions, Was around 100 fahren on the day. Which isn't even summer temps but thought it might play some part compared to those entering winter elsewhere in the world and maybe why I hadn't heard of the issue yet. Is in an entertainment unit but we'll vented at the front and back. I assume wasn't downloading any updates at the time since was playing online but didn't double check.

Might just get him to play it safe and return it then and see if there's any noise issues reappearing after that and let everyone know. Hopefully was just part of a bad batch being one of the very first to pick one up.