Is there a way to find out what is using the most bandwidth/data on a network?

Good old comcast has us in the area where they are limiting us to 1TB of data/month, now that seems like allot of data, but yesterday a notice was pushed that we are within 10% of the cap. Our network consists of 3 desktops wired, 1 laptop - wireless, 3 android tablets - wireless, 3 android cell phones - wireless, and DirecTV - wireless. Now as far as I can tell no one here goes on massive downloading binges that would even come remotely possible of using a TB of data. Doing some research via google came up that DirecTV does not need to connected to the Wi-Fi and when it is it uses allot of data. We have disconnected the DirecTV from the Wi-Fi so that should no longer be an issue. But I need something more substantial, I want to know what device, what program, etc is using the most bandwidth. Is this possible to do, if so what would be the easiest method? Also I have a question about Netfilx/Hulu, do these sites use allot of data while streaming a show? Just to clarify: The usage meter is currently indicating that we have use 939 GB since the 1st of the month.

7 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Also I have a question about Netfilx/Hulu, do these sites use allot of data while streaming a show?

Your kidding right?? ;)  What setting do you have them on.. Netflix for example unless you limited to SD or tweaked it down can do 3GB per hour, or 7GB an hour for ultraHD.  How many devices do you have streaming?  DirecTV for stuff like on demand pulls from the internet.  Would assume Hulu the same..

As to what device or what is using up your data..  What router do you have?

2 hours ago, BudMan said:

As to what device or what is using up your data..  What router do you have?

Linksys WRT1900AC

are you running 3rd party on it your 1900AC?  like dd-wrt or tomato?  Those 3rd party software tools allow for watching what is doing what.  You could always export the rflows and view exactly what is going on with ntop or any other flow collector..

2 hours ago, BudMan said:

are you running 3rd party on it your 1900AC?  like dd-wrt or tomato?  Those 3rd party software tools allow for watching what is doing what.  You could always export the rflows and view exactly what is going on with ntop or any other flow collector..

No, it's just the stock software.