How to remove/detach stand of LG LED monitor

S. Jeferson

I need to remove the stand of my LG LED monitor. I have removed the base by unscrewing the screw, but just couldn't detach the stand. There is no screws and the stand is somehow locked with the monitor. I really need to detach them. Please somebody help me...

Mindovermaster

What model is it?

Circaflex

maybe here will help, 

Also, check underneath for a screw that a coin would fit into, it is possible you need to loosen that piece, but without the model number it is all a guessing game.

S. Jeferson
On 11/22/2016 at 7:49 PM, Mindovermaster said:

What model is it?

Well, It's LG monitor, Model:24MP55VQ. But i believe most of the monitors of LG has stand with same mechanism regardless the model.....

Edited by S. Jeferson
Mindovermaster
11 minutes ago, S. Jeferson said:

Well, It's LG monitor, Model:24MP55VQ. But i believe most of the monitors of LG has stand with same mechanism regardless the model.....

The Evil Overlord

A quick google search reveals it is one of those mounts that either are screwed into the underside of the monitor, or non screw type fixing.

Check the back of your monitor at the bottom of it to see if there are any screws relating to the position of the stand riser.

If no screws are present, and the image I've attached, is correct to your model, try using force to pull the riser from the back of the monitor.

lg-24mp55vq.png

(My samsungs are similar, but they were bottom mounted, and required a large amount of force to remove the stands once fitted.)

• Like 1
S. Jeferson
On 11/22/2016 at 9:24 PM, Circaflex said:

maybe here will help, 

Also, check underneath for a screw that a coin would fit into, it is possible you need to loosen that piece, but without the model number it is all a guessing game.

I got a screw at the base and unscrewed it. But did not find any between the monitor and stand.

S. Jeferson
40 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

[VIDEO]

Actually that's not the thing i really want to do. I just want to detach the three parts (plate, stand and monitor). I have to put them in the box and carry them to another place for some reason. Thanks for your suggestion...

Edited by S. Jeferson
S. Jeferson
26 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

A quick google search reveals it is one of those mounts that either are screwed into the underside of the monitor, or non screw type fixing.

Check the back of your monitor at the bottom of it to see if there are any screws relating to the position of the stand riser.

If no screws are present, and the image I've attached, is correct to your model, try using force to pull the riser from the back of the monitor.

lg-24mp55vq.png

(My samsungs are similar, but they were bottom mounted, and required a large amount of force to remove the stands once fitted.)

I really applied enough force to pull the stand out. Might be there is something I have to try in other way...

S. Jeferson

Yes !!!! Finally I've done this. Its really not so complicated. Got a video and it made my job done. Thanks "Mindovermaster"

for referring Youtube. It's really so easy guys, have a look...

Edited by S. Jeferson
  • 2 months later...
S. Jeferson
On 11/24/2016 at 1:42 PM, S. Jeferson said:

Yes !!!! Finally I've done this. Its really not so complicated. Got a video and it made my job done. Thanks "Mindovermaster"

for referring Youtube. It's really so easy guys, have a look...

LG stand removal

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By anmol112
      LG Wing gets a whopping $530 discount in India
      by Anmol Mehrotra

Earlier this month, LG announced that the company will be shutting down its mobile business to focus on its other businesses like EV components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, AI, and B2B solutions. However, the company said it would sell off its existing inventory before exiting the market completely.

Now, it looks like LG is doing just that in India. Earlier today, Flipkart updated the LG Wing listing to include a whopping ~$536 discount. The Korean giant launched LG Wing in India last year and it was priced at Rs. 69,990 (~$935). With the new discount, customers can get a LG Wing from Flipkart at Rs. 29,999 (~$399), netting them a 58% discount.

Apart from that, customers can also get up to Rs. 16,500 (~$220) discount by exchanging their current device for the LG Wing. You can get a further 5% discount if you use Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card to pay for the device. Lastly, Flipkart will also let customers purchase a Google Nest Hub and Nest Mini at Rs. 5,999 (~$80) and Rs. 1,999 (~$26) respectively.

In case you don't remember, LG launched the Wing with an innovative dual-screen design where the top screen could rotate 90-degrees to reveal a second screen. The smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC which is paired with 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. The LG Wing also features a triple-camera setup with 64MP primary camera with OIS, 13MP ultra-wide camera, and a 12MP ultra-wide big pixel camera, which is meant to be used in swivel mode. On the front, there is a 32MP pop-up selfie camera. To power the hardware, LG has added a 4,000mAh battery which can be charged at 25W with QuickCharge 4+. The smartphone comes with Android 10 with Q OS out-of-the-box.

There is no word on if the discount is going to stay as LG has not officially announced the price reductions. So, if you are interested in picking up LG Wing for yourself then you can head to Flipkart and order one. The device is currently listed as coming soon but we are expecting it to go on sale in a couple of days as a part of Flipkart's Flagship Fest Sale. You can also check out our full review of the LG Wing to get an idea about the device.

• By indospot
      Neowin Podcast Episode 22: LG gives up on phones, and what's next for Windows 10
      by João Carrasqueira

The Neowin Podcast is supported by Audible, a provider of audiobooks, podcasts, and other audio-based entertainment that you can download and listen to anywhere, even when you're offline. Plus, if you also use Kindle to read books, your progress can even sync between your written books and the audio version. Sign up for a free trial of Audible and get your first audiobook for free at audibletrial.com/neowin. You can even keep that audiobook - and any other ones you end up getting - forever if you cancel your subscription.

Welcome back to the Neowin Podcast. On episode 22 - which might be our final one as Rich is leaving Neowin - we talk about the sad news that LG has officially called it quits on its mobile business, as well as the uncertain path for Windows 10 in the next few months.

This week started with news that may have left many of us disheartened. After almost two decades in the mobile phone space, LG has decided to close down its smartphone division due to the highly competitive nature of the market. As we discuss in the episode, LG was responsible for many innovations throughout the years, even in the smartphone era, with standout devices like the LG G Flex 2, the G5, or the V10.

Then, on Wednesday, we got a new Windows 10 build after a hiatus last week, and with it came a switch to a new development branch, co_release, signaling that Microsoft may be getting ready to wrap up development on the big Windows 10 feature update for this fall. We were expecting a big visual overhaul, x64 emulation on ARM, and potentially even support for Android apps, but it's unclear where things may be headed with this switch. The build also came with the news that Paint and Snipping Tool are going to start being updated through the Microsoft Store.

If you'd like to catch up on the news discussed in this episode, you can use the links below:

LG is officially shutting down its mobile phone business, but you may still get updates Retrospective: LG G Flex 2; LG G5, and LG V10 Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 21354 from the co_release branch Microsoft will update Snipping Tool and Paint through the Microsoft Store

You can listen to the episode below, and the Neowin Podcast is available on iTunes - and apps that rely on its library - as well as Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Amazon Music. And if you want to add it to your own podcast library, you can use this RSS feed:

Neowin.net · Episode 22 - LG gives up on phones, and what's next for Windows 10
    • By zikalify
      LG announces 3-year software update pledge for premium phones
      by Paul Hill

LG has announced that its premium smartphones from 2019 and select phones from 2020 will receive two Android upgrades as well as security software updates. It named the 2019 G series, V series, VELVET, and Wing devices as well as 2020’s LG Stylo and K series as devices that would be getting updates.

The news that LG will continue to support these devices comes after it announced that it was leaving the smartphone market due to its competitiveness. LG will continue manufacturing phones through the second quarter to meet contractual obligations but after that, device availability will dry up. The firm said that it’s planning to focus its energy on electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart home, robotics, AI, and B2B solutions.

The commitment by LG will ensure that customers can keep their new LG devices for at least two or three years which will help to reduce waste in landfills and make them more appealing to people looking to purchase an LG device in the second-hand market over the next several months and years, as they’ll still be running modern software.

LG has said that customers concerned with the announcement should contact their local LG customer service centre for more information on the upgrades and which devices will receive them in each market.

• By indospot
      LG's new soundbars supports multiple voice assistants and new audio features
      by João Carrasqueira

LG has announced its 2021 lineup of soundbars, which offer new features along with coming with more eco-friendly designs and packaging. The lineup includes the SP11RA, SP9YA, SP8YA, SP7Y, and SPD7Y. The soundbars work better with LG TVs, as the company added support for the AI Sound Pro feature. Audio from a TV can be shared to the soundbar and use all the sound modes you'd get from the TV's built-in speakers, but on dedicated hardware. This applies to the entire soundbar lineup.

Of course, the soundbars also feature audio tuning by Meridian Audio, which has collaborated with LG on sound products for some time now. There's a new Meridian Horizon feature that can take two-channel stereo audio and up-mix it into multi-channel sound. The soundbars also all support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X sound, as well as Hi-Resolution Audio. Most of the models - barring the SP7Y - also support eARC.

There are some exclusive features for the more premium models, however. The SP11RA, SP9YA, and SP8YA support 4K Dolby Vision video passthrough, plus they come with support for multiple voice assistants - Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri - as well as Apple's AirPlay 2. All the soundbars come with optional rear speakers, except the top-of-the-line SP11RA, which includes it out of the box.

Another point of focus for LG is the eco-friendliness of the soundbars, achieving both SGS Eco Product (minus the SPD7Y) and UL recyclability validation. The SP7Y model, specifically, uses a fabric made from recycled PET bottles, which LG says results in seven fewer bottles in landfills for each soundbar it makes. Packaging has also been improved in this regard, using less EPS foam and plastic, and LG says it's using an L-shaped packaging design which allows more packages to fit in a truck, thus reducing CO2 emissions from transportation.

The 2021 soundbar lineup is available from this month in select markets in North America and Europe, and more models will be coming later.

• By Rich Woods
      LG is officially shutting down its mobile phone business
      by Rich Woods

LG G Flex 2 Back in January, it was reported that LG is considering leaving the smartphone market, and now it's official, the company announced Monday morning in Seoul. Calling the smartphone sector "incredibly competitive", it's going to continue to sell existing inventory of its devices and then focus on its other businesses like EV components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, AI, and B2B solutions.

The firm also said that it's still going to be developing mobile technologies, such as 6G. That's all in an effort to strengthen itself in its other businesses.

While LG's smartphone business has struggled in recent years, it's responsible for a lot of innovative products. The LG G3 was the first phone with a QHD display, and it packed laser autofocus, which was crazy in 2014. Another thing that was crazy in 2014 was the G Flex, a handset that literally had a curved screen that could flex, making it harder to break. The G Flex 2 came around and it had a flagship processor and along with the screen being hard to break, there was a coating on the plastic back that would actually heal scratches.

The LG G5 wasn't tremendously popular or even praised by reviewers, but it did have a modular design and accessories. And let's not forget the LG V10, a phone that had a second, smaller display at the top for shortcuts, notifications, and more. Of course, unique features like that were lost in the V30 when LG started making taller phones.

All of this is coming to an end, and LG says that it's going to finish winding down its smartphone business by the end of July, although there still may be inventory being sold off after that.