Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: December 2016

Andrew

For the month of December, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition ($29.99 ERP) for free during the month of December. Outlast ($19.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from December 16th to January 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Thursday, December 1st, Outland ($9.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through December 15th. Then on December 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Burnout Paradise ($14.99 ERP) for free through December 31st.

Read more about December Games with Gold titles over at Xbox Wire.

See last’s month’s Games With Gold here.

*Titles are available as free downloads for qualifying Xbox Live Gold members in all markets where Xbox Live is available. Some regions may offer different titles depending on market availability.

https://majornelson.com/2016/11/22/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-december-2016/

-----

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games

-----

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: November 2016

Vandalsquad

Very nice, never got around to getting Sleeping Dogs.

• 2 weeks later...
JenZen

Just to butt in about xbox topic, my daughter wanted me to buy xbox360 for Christmas. Is it worth the money or just stick to psp4?

Andrew
1 hour ago, JenZen said:

Just to butt in about xbox topic, my daughter wanted me to buy xbox360 for Christmas. Is it worth the money or just stick to psp4?

What type of games does she like? Does she have any favourite franchises? Does she have any friends with VG consoles? If so which? Do her friends play online?

Vandalsquad
4 hours ago, JenZen said:

Is she younger than 15? Than yes, the 360 has a massive collection of cheap kid  games. The xbox one/ps4? Not so much.

Andrew

Battlefront coming to EA Access on 13th Dec. Can't find an Origin Access date, but it is most likely the 13th too.

Andrew

Shadowrun Added to Backward Compatibility on Xbox One

Written Thursday, December 08, 2016 By Richard Walker

Yet another batch of Xbox 360 games have gone backward compatible for Xbox One today, including multiplayer shooter Shadowrun and a couple of rather obscure titles.

One of these us Shotest Shogi, which looks like some sort of Mahjong nonsense. I say that, because I don't know how to play it. I'm sure Mahjong is actually brilliant.

The other is Xbox Live Avatar game, Space Ark, which looks colourful and charming. You can access all three of the latest backward compatible Xbox 360 games via the Xbox Games Store links below.

Shadowrun - $14.99/£11.99

Shotest Shogi - $9.99/£6.75

Space Ark - $9.99/£6.75

Continues...

TAZMINATOR
On 12/2/2016 at 8:03 AM, Vandalsquad said:

Is she younger than 15? Than yes, the 360 has a massive collection of cheap kid  games. The xbox one/ps4? Not so much.

She can play X360 games on Xbox One.  No problem. 

Even the parents can buy X360 games on Xbox One or Xbox.com.

• 2 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

I've been a bit slack posting here, but I should have a bit more free time for the few that use this topic :p

This week's Deals with Gold games and add-ons on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 26th December. 

Source

Also another "biggest one yet" sale starting on the Xbox marketplace on the 22nd Dec to the 9th Jan. Source

They're also letting you buy 1 month of Gold for $1 for those that are Silver member, allowing you to take advantage of the deals. 

Here's the video which should give you an idea of what will be on sale. 

• Like 1
dragontology

They're offering me Gold for nothing. I've held Gold before, but I don't feel I need it as my wife has Gold, and we don't play Multiplayer games. We really only got it because we thought Rockband 4 had multiplayer. (It does, now, with the Rivals DLC, but it's asynchronous and does not require Gold.) I think we're getting our money's worth with the Games With Gold program. The titles are often lackluster, but they add up. We have the 2TB XB1S, so we're not hurting for space. I bought Fallout 4 with all the DLC, digitally, so we don't even change discs. And we had a friend sign in, and inadvertently declare ours his home Xbox, so we got all his Arcade games, and he's fine with that until he gets his own XB1... which could take him a while as he's between jobs. He's just happy to have access to those games on our XB1S, so it works out for all. Add in the GWG games and it's quite the console.

Traditionally I'm more of a PlayStation gamer when it comes to consoles (mostly PC) but I skipped and only just got the PS3, and it's a let down after the PS1 and 2. I'm glad I got it (used, from a friend) because Sony has a ton of great exclusives I don't want to miss (Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.) but XB1/S is killing it this generation. I really didn't like the 360 either, but it wasn't bad most of the time.

George P

The countdown deals are pretty nice,  I grabbed the new deus ex yesterday,  since I have the first one on the 360 I decided to keep that series on the Xbox.  

The new dishonored game has a good price to but I played the first on my PC so that to will be for the PC.   I need to take a month at least to play through my growing backlog. 

dipsylalapo

New Countdown sales are live. They run until the 9th of Jan.

Source

George P

Not a bad list,  I went ahead and got quantum break for €35.

• Andrew unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft confirms it has halted PAC donations
      by Usama Jawad

A Political Action Committee (PAC) is a private body that funds political campaigns via donations. Under U.S. laws, a PAC cannot give more than $5,000 to a candidate committee per election, and the amount is funded purely based on voluntary donations. Most Fortune 500 companies have a PAC which typically donates money to campaigns which support their interests.

One such company is Microsoft, whose PAC came under the magnifying glass following the attack on the Capitol earlier this month. As a result, the firm has now publicly confirmed that it has suspended PAC donations until it completes its assessment of the situation. The matter was first internally discussed a few weeks ago, but has now been made public.

In an employee meeting on January 21, Microsoft president Brad Smith highlighted that although 80% of the donations had gone to members of Congress who voted to uphold the Electoral College, 20% of its PAC donations in the last four years went to Congress members who voted against the certification of Electoral College votes.

Consequently, there have been some internal discussions at Microsoft as to whether it should pause PAC donations to these Congress members and take stricter action against "members who led that effort or who fed disinformation, in our view, to the American public". Now, the firm has confirmed that it is suspending PAC donations until at least February 15, saying that:

It remains to be seen what "consequences" Microsoft has in mind for Congress members who voted against the Electoral College, but we'll learn more in a few weeks. It is also important to note that other big tech organizations such as Google and Facebook have also paused PAC donations for now in light of the Capitol siege.

• By silverscholar
      Yellow Messenger integrates Microsoft Azure cognitive services on its platform
      by Sylvester Addo

India based conversational AI startup, Yellow Messenger, announced a partnership with Microsoft to build a human-like voice automation platform that can understand and respond based on sentiment, dialect, and workflow.

This will see Yellow Messenger using Microsoft’s Azure cognitive services; Azure AI Speech Services and Natural Language processing tools to increase the accuracy of its voice bot solutions. Making organizations that use the voice automation platform better understand the intents of their users.

Azure Cognitive Services is a family of artificial intelligent services that allow systems to see, hear, speak, understand, and interpret human needs using natural methods of communication.

These cognitive services leveraged in the voice bot solution will make engaging with automated services such as support, sales and commerce feel like a human to human interaction. Instead of an automated to human interaction.

Commenting on the collaboration Raghu Ravinutala, CEO and Cofounder, Yellow Messenger said:

Microsoft will team up with Yellow Messenger’s R&D teams to create solutions that help enterprises in various sectors enhance consumer experience automation.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft backpedals on Xbox Live Gold pricing, free-to-play games won't require subscription
      by Usama Jawad

A few hours ago, Microsoft received massive backlash for increasing the price of its Xbox Live Gold program for new customers. It announced that the price of a one-month subscription is increasing by $1 to $10.99, and price of a three-month membership is increasing by $5 to $29.99, and a six-month membership is now $59.99 - which was previously the cost of its annual membership.

Following feedback from users of the service, Microsoft has now backpedaled on the decision.

In a statement on the original blog post, the firm has announced that it will not be implementing the new price model, and that the price of Xbox Live Gold membership will remain the same. It stated that:

A notable change coming to the program is that you will not require a subscription to play free-to-play games like Fortnite or Call of Duty: Warzone. This will make the service more in line with Sony's competing PlayStation Plus program. However, this modification to the program is not immediately available and Microsoft will be working to deliver it "in the coming months".

When Microsoft announced the new pricing model a few hours ago, many believed that it was designed to push gamers to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which is arguably a better value proposition, but at $14.99/month. However, the price hike was considered to be in bad optics considering that the company is not adding any new features to the service, and free-to-play games still require a premium membership unlike Sony's PlayStation Plus. With the subscription model now reverted to the original and now packing a major improvement, it remains to be seen how the firm will entice users to join the Game Pass Ultimate program.

• By zikalify
      Microsoft Teams to be integrated into SAP solutions
      by Paul Hill

Microsoft has announced that its collaboration tool, Microsoft Teams, will be integrated into SAP’s suite of solutions. Complementing this move, Microsoft and SAP have agreed to accelerate the adoption of SAP S/4HANA on Microsoft Azure.

With the coronavirus pandemic forcing places of work to close, more people have been forced to work from home. By integrating Microsoft Teams with products like SAP S/4HANA, SAP SuccessFactors, and SAP Customer Experience, the two firms hope that they can boost user productivity and engagement which could help support growth in economies after being hit hard by the virus.

Commenting on the agreement, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said:

SAP customers using any of the aforementioned solutions should be able to use the Microsoft Teams integration sometime in the middle of the year, according to Microsoft. With regards to the two companies’ plan to accelerate the integration of SAP S/4HANA on Azure, a SAP document says that customers broadly favour Azure as their choice to move on-premise SAP S/4HANA to the cloud.

• By indospot
      The YouTube app for Xbox now supports HDR videos
      by João Carrasqueira

In the summer of 2016, Microsoft introduced the Xbox One S, bringing support for HDR to the Xbox family for the first time. Now, after four and a half years, Google has implemented HDR video support into the YouTube app on Xbox consoles, as reported by FlatpanelsHD (via Windows Central).

HDR has become a fairly standard feature in modern TVs and every iteration of the Xbox since 2016 has supported it. YouTube itself also added support for HDR videos later that year, so it's certainly interesting that it took this long for those two things to come together.

It's not completely clear when the capability was added to the YouTube app, but FlatpanelsHD points out that it wasn't available on the Xbox Series X back in December. The report confirms HDR is working on both the Series X and the One S, and there's no reason why it wouldn't also work with the One X and Series S.

You'll need to make sure you have the latest version of the app for HDR to work, or you can download the app from here if you haven't yet. While HDR support in the YouTube app is good news, it doesn't look like it's working as well as some might hope just yet. The app only supports HDR in videos using Google's VP9, instead of adopting the more modern AV1 format, which has also been backed by Google. Hopefully, a future update will address that issue.