Upgrading OS

I am having Huawei Honor Holly U19 and the android version is 4.4.2 Kitkat. Will I be able to upgrade my OS to Android Nougat 7.1? Any suggestions please.

Depends if your carrier supports any updates for the device. From my limited searching it seems to be limited to KitKat. I have my doubts it'd receive a Nougat update (since it didn't get a Lollipop/Marshmallow update) - you might have to see if there's a custom ROM available for the phone.

You can't necessarily rely on the carrier - if ANY phone drives that home with a sledghehammer, it's the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  In its original life, it was jointly developed by Google and Samsung, and deployed in the US on AT&T Mobility (maguro) and Verizon Wireless (toro).  Since then, it has seen KitKat, Lollipop, and now Marshmallow-based community ROMs; in fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see N developed for it by year-end (also from the community).  I'm getting ready to take my CM13-driven GNex (toro) to Tracfone via BYOD.

Me and my big mouth - I didn't even have to wait a week; I have moved north to N (Unlegacy-Android community ROM based on - that's right - Android 7.1).  That puts me up on not just some of the newer phones in the house - but ALL the other smartphones in the house; somewhat hi-larious, as I have the OLDEST Android phone in the house.

On 11/23/2016 at 2:25 PM, Boo Berry said:

Depends if your carrier supports any updates for the device. From my limited searching it seems to be limited to KitKat. I have my doubts it'd receive a Nougat update (since it didn't get a Lollipop/Marshmallow update) - you might have to see if there's a custom ROM available for the phone.

Thanks Boo, for the info

• 1 month later...

I have founded the custom ROM for my phone and I am going to install it to see whether I can upgrade to Noughat or not. Will update you guys once it is done.