Photos & 'Films & TV' apps self-starting whilst PC idles??!!

Since resetting my NUC PC at b14965, and thu 14971, first the Photos app self-starts after ~5 mins of keyboard-inactivity (a shorter period than my screen-timeout) and then ~5 mins later the 'Films & TV' app opens.  

I thought I knew Windows pretty well, but I cannot think by what mechanism 2 modern 1st-party apps are instructed to start (e.g. it's not thru the Task Scheduler).   I share my online MS account profile with another PC that does not show the same issue. 

I'm baffled, can anyone suggest what is causing this and how to defeat it?  TIA.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you're on to something, thanks; closing these apps as normal windows seems to suppress this behaviour.  It only seems to be an issue with the 1st-party apps - I run Tweetium max'd and it doesn't self start. 

My install also won't un-maximize any modern-apps correctly - they go from normal-window to maximized (when commanded) to 99% of the screen when restore is clicked.  All very odd problems - anyone else seeing these?

1 hour ago, Mugwump00 said:

I think you're on to something, thanks; closing these apps as normal windows seems to suppress this behaviour.  It only seems to be an issue with the 1st-party apps - I run Tweetium max'd and it doesn't self start. 

My install also won't un-maximize any modern-apps correctly - they go from normal-window to maximized (when commanded) to 99% of the screen when restore is clicked.  All very odd problems - anyone else seeing these?

The maximization issue is a Known Issue per the announcement for Build 14971 (Desktop):

http://aka.ms/uqh0df

I've noticed the issue with restoring window sizes from maximized in apps and reported it via Feedback Hub.