[Recovery] - 3TB HDD no longer 'seen' by OS's

'T seems one of my hard drives one Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive can no longer been found (let alone mounted) by either Windows or Linux. Gparted, no longer shows it, disks (gnome-disk-utility?) no longer sees it . . . I should have (all together):

1 120GB SSD (OS)

1 250GB SSD (few windows/linux games)

1 2TB HDD (linux games)

2 3TB HDD (one for Windows games, the other for general storage - media, virtual machines, etc)

Or do I just need to buy another 3TB (or larger) drive? . . .

Oddly it did see it earlier today (I was trying to "recover" it). As for cables I am absolutely sure both power & data are still there. As for the BIOS oddly two of my drives (I think it's both the 3TB) aren't seen in the BIOS but both were useable and my other 3TB (for Windows games) is still usable. Oh and both were partitioned to GPT, not MBR though I don't think should that make a difference weather the graphical BIOS (UEFI?) should 'see' the drives or not).   Last night I was trying to start a virtual machine (which I keep on the drive) and it seems WAY too slow - as in it'd "take" about an hour or more to start the VM (when it's normally take about 10+ seconds, trying to mount/unmount seemed to take a long time or produce errors (can't recall what) . . .

You're HDD is failing. This happens to all of us. RMA if still under warranty, otherwise get a new HDD. Be done with it, don't try to fix a failing drive.

• Like 2