Hello, I'm a recovering Linux zealot

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Windows 10 still uses modern UI.

I didn't bother to quote the rest of your comment because it was frankly...nonsensical. Yes, Windows 10 uses the same "Modern" design language as Windows 8 but... You must realize the Windows 10 desktop looks nothing like nor functions like the Windows 8 default "desktop". Hell, the Windows 10 desktop has more in common with the Windows 7 desktop.

As always thanks for playing and once again I appreciate everything the Justice League does for us.

1 hour ago, Pam14160 said:

OMG. . .had to get myself off the floor. . .:rofl:. . .just love reading stuff like this.  Thanks guys for an enjoyable read. . .:yes:

Your welcome. LOL I try to keep it entertaining because at the end of the day it's really impossible to tell if some people on here are tolling or just totally clueless.

I have four OSes installed on this PC (Windows 10, macOS 10.12, Arch Linux and Ubuntu 16.10). 95% of the time I'm using Windows, but if I were to change to an alternative full-time it'd be Arch Linux.

Welcome!

I wonder why threads like this even pop up now that Ubuntu 14 is built into Windows 10 1607,  and Ubuntu 16 in the current insider preview. 

15 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

I didn't bother to quote the rest of your comment because it was frankly...nonsensical. Yes, Windows 10 uses the same "Modern" design language as Windows 8 but...

So you finally read up on what modern UI is. but you're just to proud to admit your other mistakes. or argue like an adult. 

I like Windows 10 (with start menu replacement) a lot.

If you don't want as much internet connectivity, getting a new "build" every year.

Windows 8 (with start menu replacement) is also pretty rock solid, but you will be missing out on DX 12. 

(Edited for clarity)

Microsoft is shifting to all-in-one mega updates. This is in effect with Windows 10.

Windows 7,8 are getting all in one monthly updates, but they will start rolling in older updates until they become all-on-one mega update.

(Edit)

Forgot, you can have linux bash shell in windows 10 officially.

http://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/

Edited by Eternal Tempest