How to set a Custom ringtone on a moto G4 without google account?

Hello,

Is it me or have phones actually got worse to use?

I recently had to upgrade my phone, from a nokia 515 which i loved, and the only reason i am upgrading is it broke,

I ended up with a motorola G4, which has a quicker interface, and i have had it 2 days, However, simple things are no longer simple, I am now considering returning this so called new phone, due to the fact that i cannot simply pick an mp3 of my choice to use as a ringtone, (as i did on the nokia) without having to go and get "an app" I am told that for this app i need a google account/email info blah blah.

which i do not want to do, I hate google and don't use anything of theirs, except android of course, if and that's a big if i decide to keep it.

Does anyone out there know of a simple way around this please, so i don't have to hand over all my info to google, Just so i can then get an app, to do what was a simple thing on my nokia requiring nothing, and actually pick what I want as a ringtone, not what they give me.

On a side note, I am very pleased with the camera on this!

You should be able to set this without a Google account. Settings -> Sound -> Ringtone. You don't need any apps to set ringtones on Android devices. 

Not sure why you'd use an Android device without a Google account. Might as well use a different OS of choice...There are plenty of older/cheap WM devices out there. They're practically giving away the 640's at $20/30. 

12 minutes ago, satukoro said:

Zedge is a pretty user friendly app for managing ringtones and other sounds.

Didn't read the OP I suppose. The OP doesn't have a Google account and isn't using the Play store so Zedge isn't going to happen. Like tsupersonic said, OP shouldn't need to do anythign other than change the ringtone in settings.

54 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

You should be able to set this without a Google account. Settings -> Sound -> Ringtone. You don't need any apps to set ringtones on Android devices. 

Not sure why you'd use an Android device without a Google account. Might as well use a different OS of choice...There are plenty of older/cheap WM devices out there. They're practically giving away the 640's at $20/30. 

"Should" being the word, Yes i can change it to a predefined list of android/motorola stored ringtones, what i can not do, is set it to any mp3 file of my choosing.

The moto G4 is clearly an exception then, as you do need an app to change the ringtone to a custom one that is not one already in the phone.

Zedge, Require's a google account.

looks like I'll be sending this back, and going for a 640 as suggested though a lot worse camera, but this is rip off Britain, so it won't be 30 dollars!

1 hour ago, Zag L. said:

Didn't read the OP I suppose. The OP doesn't have a Google account and isn't using the Play store so Zedge isn't going to happen. Like tsupersonic said, OP shouldn't need to do anythign other than change the ringtone in settings.

55 minutes ago, Evolution-24 said:

"Should" being the word, Yes i can change it to a predefined list of android/motorola stored ringtones, what i can not do, is set it to any mp3 file of my choosing.

The moto G4 is clearly an exception then, as you do need an app to change the ringtone to a custom one that is not one already in the phone.

Zedge, Require's a google account.

looks like I'll be sending this back, and going for a 640 as suggested though a lot worse camera, but this is rip off Britain, so it won't be 30 dollars!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zedge apk