Can not pair bluetooth headphones with system

I just got a pair of cheap bluetooth headphones and put them into pairing mode, but I can not make my system find them, they show up on my Android phone, but will not show up in the windows search for devices, the adapter is a Broadcom BCM20702, and the drivers are up to date on it. Does anybody have a suggestion of how I might go about getting this issue resolved?              

2 hours ago, TAZMINATOR said:

It is USB! I have determined through some very sophisticated troubleshooting (tried a different machine! :D)  that the issue seems to be my front USB ports (USB 3), though I do not know what the issue is with them other then they don't want to work, I have even plugged in a USB 3 hub into the port, and then plugged the adapter into it, and it randomly detects that anything is plugged in. I've gotten windows to show that the hub is plugged in, but anything plugged into the hub does not detect within Windows :/ so I am really at a loss as where the issue is, I went ahead and ordered a new bluetooh USB adapter for $8 from Amazon, I'll see if it makes any difference.

On 12/2/2016 at 3:16 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

It is USB! I have determined through some very sophisticated troubleshooting (tried a different machine! :D)  that the issue seems to be my front USB ports (USB 3), though I do not know what the issue is with them other then they don't want to work, I have even plugged in a USB 3 hub into the port, and then plugged the adapter into it, and it randomly detects that anything is plugged in. I've gotten windows to show that the hub is plugged in, but anything plugged into the hub does not detect within Windows :/ so I am really at a loss as where the issue is, I went ahead and ordered a new bluetooh USB adapter for $8 from Amazon, I'll see if it makes any difference.

Ah I see.   Make sure what version Bluetooth is supported for that headphone...  For example,  4.0 or 4.1   something like that. 

For example,  you have 4.0 Bluetooth, the requirement is BT 4.1 then it won't work unless you get 4.1 BT adapter. I might be wrong on this one.

Good luck with new adapter you ordered.

Hum might be right about installing the drivers from DVD that comes with adapter.  Or grab the drivers from the website to install.

I heard that some computers have front USB ports have issues....  mostly they use on the back of PC.

I find bluetooth in windows a pita at the best of times. (on asus BT adapter and others)

any devices i have, work fine with all other devices except my windows laptop and desktop, when my headset actually pairs (Gumball 3000s) , its fine until you want to use the mic on them and the headset at the same time, stupid windows drops audio quality of headphones when mic is enabled to "radio quality" really MS its 2016? tards.

All other systems i use them with manage nps.

4 hours ago, TAZMINATOR said:

I heard that some computers have front USB ports have issues....  mostly they use on the back of PC.

Yeah, that is what I am noticing as well, I have a USB 3 flash drive that will not detect at all plugged into the front ports, so I know that is where the issue lies.

4 hours ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Hum might be right about installing the drivers from DVD that comes with adapter.  Or grab the drivers from the website to install.

I got a wonderful free little program called Snappy Driver Installer that finds almost all of the drivers, including Bluetooth, so I know I'm good there, I'm fairly sure that the issue is the front USB ports.

2 hours ago, Mando said:

I find bluetooth in windows a pita at the best of times. (on asus BT adapter and others)

any devices i have, work fine with all other devices except my windows laptop and desktop, when my headset actually pairs (Gumball 3000s) , its fine until you want to use the mic on them and the headset at the same time, stupid windows drops audio quality of headphones when mic is enabled to "radio quality" really MS its 2016? tards.

All other systems i use them with manage nps.

I am simply wishing to use the headphones to listen to music, I do not have a microphone. I also agree 100% Windows plus Bluetooth=PITA!

3 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Yeah, that is what I am noticing as well, I have a USB 3 flash drive that will not detect at all plugged into the front ports, so I know that is where the issue lies.

I got a wonderful free little program called Snappy Driver Installer that finds almost all of the drivers, including Bluetooth, so I know I'm good there, I'm fairly sure that the issue is the front USB ports.

I am simply wishing to use the headphones to listen to music, I do not have a microphone. I also agree 100% Windows plus Bluetooth=PITA!

thing to watch is, most bluetooth dongles seem to be the Broadcom chipset. I think the Asus ones are, id need to check some i have at work tomms, pretty sure they are broadcom rebadged.