Any gift ideas for my parents? (Below $100)

Sup everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to all (who care :p). I'm trying to buy something for Christmas to my mom (51) and dad (61). My dad is a little bit tech savvy, but my mom is close to none. 

Do you have any ideas? I'd like something portable and relatively small, since I need to take a plane to see them. 

Amazon Gift Card Better Gift...

1)ebook

2)tablet

3)google home

4)direct tv dish

5)robot dog

They each have their own tablets! 

17 hours ago, Gladiatorus said:

A tablet for eBooks? Might be suitable for both.

Thanks a bunch!! Both of them have their respective tablets, which they seldom use. Google Home or Echo Dot could be interesting, although I don't see them being used too often. 

How the ###### are people on a web forum (who don't know your parents) supposed to know what your parents like or dislike?  Ask other family members, friends of your parents etc.

Slowly but surely, the questions on this forum are getting more ridiculous.

7 hours ago, metallithrax said:

How the ###### are people on a web forum (who don't know your parents) supposed to know what your parents like or dislike?  Ask other family members, friends of your parents etc.

Slowly but surely, the questions on this forum are getting more ridiculous.

I never know if someone actually got a cool gadget for one of his parents that he really liked that deviated from the traditional laptop/tablet spec. There are too many things out there (gadget-wise) that I'm not aware of. A tech-savvy forum is a good place to go to discover what I've missed :)