Strange OEM Windows 10 issue (related to my new system thread)

I figure this is the place to come for advice

I was looking around my MSI laptop and I didn't think much of it at first UNTIL I ended up updating it, or it did it itself.  MSI started me off on Windows 10- 10586.XXXX and now and at 14393.XXXX. 

Anyone here who do OEM style installs? Do you guys get a certain version and stick with just THAT version for setting up your installs? Forgive me if this is confusing but,  I notice OEM installs are preinstalled on laptops and Desktops.

Or does Microsoft simply have certain versions, stable versions that they allow for OEM installs? as long as this last update took :laugh:, I thought  I missed two birthdays.

But MSI seems to start customers off at 10586.

I spent $100 on a Windows 10 DVD.

Installed fine.

Problems begun when I foolishly went for the Anniversary ed.

Corruptedted everything.

Had to  erase and Reinstall from the DVD again.

I learned to wait until  Microsoft sends final Updates.

Hello,

The editions of Microsoft Windows 10 sold to consumers and small businesses automatically update to the latest version after varying amounts of time.  The business versions have some ways to delay this, but it essentially only postpones the upgrade.  There is one branch of Windows 10 which does not receive upgrades called the Long Term Servicing Branch (LTSB) but it is not sold and needs to be licensed directly from Microsoft.

As for MSI starting customers at build 10586, that is probably because the operating system image that made for the particular laptop had that version.  It is likely the next generation of laptops they ship will have build 14393 for a while, and sometime after that, an even newer version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 2 weeks later...

This really annoys me that most laptops and desktops that are sold do not come with the anniversary update pre-installed. once the customer gets the computer home when they check for updates they have to then do the 2-hour anniversary update.

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

This really annoys me that most laptops and desktops that are sold do not come with the anniversary update pre-installed. once the customer gets the computer home when they check for updates they have to then do the 2-hour anniversary update.

OEMs don't want to expend the cost to setup new recovery partitions.