Capcom Is Focusing On Bringing Back Older Franchises And Dormant IPs

By Sato . December 6, 2016 . 2:00am

Fans were treated to the return of Marvel vs. Capcom this weekend, but that won’t be all, as Capcom revealed in a press release that they’re focusing on bringing back older franchises and dormant IPs.

In the press release, Capcom announced that beginning with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, the company is moving forward with a focus on reviving series that have not had new entries recently, or dormant IPs, in addition to regular major title releases each fiscal year.

To give you a better idea, Marvel vs. Capcom’s previous title was released back in 2011 with Marvel vs. Capcom 3, so things should start getting pretty exciting for fans of older Capcom franchises that haven’t seen any action these days.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite releases in late 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source

4 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

and screw them up like the latest street fighter? no thanks.

Did they ever add a proper Arcade mode? That story mode looked cheezy as hell.

It's been six years since I turned down a job offer to work in Capcom's localization department.

They don't seem to have much going on these days, so it looks like I made the right decision.

That said, I am very much into retro gaming these days, so I welcome them bringing back to old classics.