• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Sony XBR43X800D & XBR49X800D question

American Ninja    3

Hello,

I'm thinking about getting the Sony XBR43X800D(43 inch) or XBR49X800D(49 inch). I've been hearing something about that the 49 inch has a different screen than the 43 inch and thats why people are going for the 43 over the 49. Something about an IPS or VA panel? Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Edited by American Ninja

Jason S.    1,390

have you looked on AVS Forum? Prior to buying a tv last year i followed the dedicated thread on the tv. perhaps they have one for that tv too.

"Note that the 49" model has a different type of panel which performs closer to the X700D, but with a wide color gamut"

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x800d

The 43" has a VA panel. The 49" has an IPS panel. That, to me, means the 49" would look better, but i could be wrong.

AStalUK    60

There's similar threads on both AV Forums and AVS Forums.  As stated with the X800D up to 43" it has a VA panel which produces better blacks, the 49"+ has a IPS panel which has better viewing angles.  Both have very good picture quality.

I purchased the 43XD8088 (UK Version) last week to go along with my PS4 Pro and love the picture quality on it, spent ages trying different picture settings to see the difference.  Only downside, not sure I like Android TV.  Not sure if it's just Sony but you can't customise the home screen with the built in options.

Edited by AStalUK

American Ninja    3
12 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

have you looked on AVS Forum? Prior to buying a tv last year i followed the dedicated thread on the tv. perhaps they have one for that tv too.

"Note that the 49" model has a different type of panel which performs closer to the X700D, but with a wide color gamut"

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x800d

The 43" has a VA panel. The 49" has an IPS panel. That, to me, means the 49" would look better, but i could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, AStalUK said:

There's similar threads on both AV Forums and AVS Forums.  As stated with the X800D up to 43" it has a VA panel which produces better blacks, the 49"+ has a IPS panel which has better viewing angles.  Both have very good picture quality.

I purchased the 43XD8088 (UK Version) last week to go along with my PS4 Pro and live the picture quality on it, spent ages trying different picture settings to see the difference.  Only downside, not sure I like Android TV.  Not sure if it's just Sony but you can't customise the home screen with the built in options.

Ok, thank you both for the replies. That helped me a lot.