Reporting Users

Morning fellas,

I'm aware this is a IPB issue, but i wondered if you were thinking of coming up with a solution to be able to report users rather than just posts/topics?

It's a lot easier when someone is posting mass cack and spam to report the whole user than go through their posts and report them. It's easier for you too as you know exactly why some one is being reported and that it's not just one of their posts.

Cheers.

Can you not just put in the comment that user is posting lots of this, or looks like spam account.  Mod's are pretty quick on the uptake, think they will get it ;)

6 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Can you not just put in the comment that user is posting lots of this, or looks like spam account.  Mod's are pretty quick on the uptake, think they will get it ;)

This- I just report a post for spam and job done :)

Just reporting one of the threads / posts is fine, there's no need to report each individual one if it's a spammer. There's an option in IPB to flag a member as a spammer, and that automatically removes all of their content in one go.

So just reporting one thread/post with a reason of "spammer" is enough :)

Will do this. However it's not much use if the spam / abuse is coming in the form of profile comments or if (like has been the case a few times) i recognise a known spam account that's also done the rounds on my forum but is yet to post. Maybe something to bear in mind.

From my perspective, it does look like you can report a post from a profile comment perspective (unless I'm missing something). As for accounts that haven't posted, we don't like to flag accounts as spammers without any concrete evidence.