Your 2016 Games OTY Thread

What's up everyone.

I do not post here all that much anymore, so I figured when I do post why not make it a doozy.

So I propose let's share what everyone feels their Top 5 GOTY list are.

Since I know it is hard to pick just 5, let's also say everyone can get 3 Honorable Mentions.

And just to keep things interesting, lets also share our single biggest disappointment.

It can be all platforms, including mobile and PC. That does not matter. As long as it is a game it counts.

I will kick things off.

In no (real) particular order, my Top 5 GOTY list would be:

1. Forza Horizon 3
  2. DOOM
  3. Watch Dogs 2
  4. Battlefield 1
  5. Uncharted 4

My 3 Honorable Mentions are:

1. Quantum Break
  2. Inside / SUPERHOT
    (I know I am cheating by listing two games, but it is a tie between the two for me, and two vastly different games)
  3. Dead Rising 4

My biggest disappointment would be:

1. Gears Of War 4

Definitely was a great year for gaming overall and so many titles I could have included on this list. For me, GOTY boils down to one simple factor. Did I have fun playing it?

• Like 3

1. Forza Horizon 3

2. Doom SP (Being deleted tomorrow, refuse to delete anymore games for the updates to this with the space required to install!)

3. CoD Infinite SP

4. Dead Rising 4

5. Uncharted

-----------

Some big games I haven't bothered playing at all? Watch Dogs. First game was horrible. And Battlefield, don't have a reason why I haven't picked battlefield up yet. I guess because no friends play it and I enjoy the online with IRL mates.

Been playing a massive amount of back logged games of present from past years. 

What games have gotten a lot of my multiplayer time this year? Oldies.  Halo 5 is incredible this year, best multiplayer experience it's ever been. And Black Ops chewed up more hours than I dare count, Treyarch know how to make an enjoyable online experience. 

I still have some games with my name on them under the xmas tree, but so far I have two definites on my list, DOOM and Overwatch.

DOOM is by far the best looking game I have ever seen and it will take some serious effort to beat. The sound track was amazing and the game play old school like it should be.

Overwatch has sucked up most of my MP game time and the frequent updates and events keep it fresh. The base game was great but the updates, new characters and events are just gravy as this point.

I still have some others which I expect will be on my list but my backlog is ridiculous.

GOTY for me would either be Dark Souls 3 or Uncharted 4. The story for Uncharted is brilliant (top marks once again, Naughty Dog!) and the masochistic gameplay and atmosphere of Dark Souls 3 is unbelievable. I never thought I would enjoy getting my behind kicked as often as that game has.

Sheltered gets an honorable mention from me as I keep going back to it. As someone else said, post-apocalypse Sims.

• Like 2

On 14.12.2016 г. at 3:41 PM, Vandalsquad said:

1. Forza Horizon 3

2. Doom SP (Being deleted tomorrow, refuse to delete anymore games for the updates to this with the space required to install!)

3. CoD Infinite SP

4. Dead Rising 4

5. Uncharted

-----------

Some big games I haven't bothered playing at all? Watch Dogs. First game was horrible. And Battlefield, don't have a reason why I haven't picked battlefield up yet. I guess because no friends play it and I enjoy the online with IRL mates.

Been playing a massive amount of back logged games of present from past years. 

What games have gotten a lot of my multiplayer time this year? Oldies.  Halo 5 is incredible this year, best multiplayer experience it's ever been. And Black Ops chewed up more hours than I dare count, Treyarch know how to make an enjoyable online experience. 

• 4 weeks later...