• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

locked i pad dont have anything original

mikeycrf    0

How do i unlock a i pad that is locked can some one who know help me out there is nothing from the original purchase or start up computer or codes. 
Is it possible

Nick H.    9,701

Did you sync it with iTunes, or create an account for it with iCloud? If not, I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do.

Danielx64    601
8 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Did you sync it with iTunes, or create an account for it with iCloud? If not, I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do.

Stolen Ipad?

mikeycrf    0

found it no one claimed it so........ just being straight up 

+John.    1,395
1 minute ago, mikeycrf said:

If you contact Apple support, they'll be able to trace the serial number to the last registered owner. There's your good deed for the year!

mikeycrf    0
13 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

no so it doesnt look good cant even get it to a needy kid 

Just now, John. said:

If you contact Apple support, they'll be able to trace the serial number to the last registered owner. There's your good deed for the year!

fair enough

dipsylalapo    1,755
12 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Stolen Ipad?

I was wondering the same thing :p

2 minutes ago, mikeycrf said:

no so it doesnt look good cant even get it to a needy kid 

I doubt that a kid needs an iPad....

TheReaperMan    384

if the iPad is locked to iTunes/icloud then no.

if only pin locked then you can reset it using iTunes and recovery.

But if you found it you could return it to the owner as it may belong to a other needy kid

Edited by TheReaperMan

Mando    5,117
3 hours ago, Nick H. said:

you can factory wipe any apple device that isnt EMEI locked or reported stolen with Apple easily.

I do it on leavers iphones they hand back with a passcode after they leave regularly. Erase the device without the recovery code or itunes sync.

follow the section called 

Erase your device with recovery mode

(the part about itunes is wrong, it doesnt matter if its all-ready synced with anothers account ;) it still works.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306

process that, then attach to itunes to do a factory restore of the iOS, boof one wiped device without passcode or tied itunes acc anymore.

Only items it wont work on are: EMEI locked by carrier (phones/4gipads) or if Apple have it reported as stolen, then it just bricks it.

sc302    1,722
7 hours ago, mikeycrf said:

return it to the apple store.

someone might be looking for it, they could probably return it to the original owner. 

If it has been marked stolen, and the device is locked, there isn't much you can do about it....as soon as it checks with the apple servers it will remain locked/unusable after a wipe. 

Rippleman    3,849

Depends on what you mean "locked". There are 2 different types of "locks" on an ios ipad device. If its a first gen, only 1. If you mean you are locked out with with a passcode to get into the ipad, you can reset through itunes. If you are being prompted with an icloud password, you are locked out for ever. There are some people who claim they can unlock it (expensive), but it never actually is "unlocked" and is a crippled version of IOS and extremely limited and most certainly isn't worth the big $ or the hassle or the experience.

TAZMINATOR    12,416
7 hours ago, mikeycrf said:

If you found it, then give it to the owner.. if you don't know who it was, then give it to Apple staff at your local apple store and they will contact the owner after looking IMEI number on it which is linked to the email address that was registered to.

You can not steal ipad then give to needy kid... that is not nice.  Unless you bought it from the owner, if you did, you should have asked for the creds.   

Other than that, you can not do anything about it, since it's locked.