Falcon 9: Dragon CRS-10 ISS resupply

Watched the replay a few times....excellent.

SpaceX needed this one and they pulled it off from a new pad.

Outstanding day.

:D

SpaceX debuts Falcon 9 launch from 39A with CRS-10 Dragon mission

SpaceX has conducted its first launch from the Kennedy Space Center since the end of the Space Shuttle program, with a Falcon 9 flying from the historic Launch Complex 39A on Sunday, ahead of delivering the CRS-10 Dragon spacecraft to orbit on a resupply mission to the International Space Station. The first stage also completed a landing at LZ-1

Indepth analysis at...

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2017/02/spacex-historic-debut-launch-39a-crs-10-dragon/

A slew of articles out for a Sunday...nice to see.  :D

Probably my my favorite launch/landing yet! The cloud cover really added to the suspense! Love watching S1 coming down through the clouds and popping out seconds before landing right over the pad! More precise than a CAT 3 Instrument landing System! 

• Like 2

The one thing that caught me off guard was the deluge system. It was tough to see if a lower system was in use...the tall rainbirds were not in use...thoughts?

Just now, Beittil said:

3 objects, guess that is Dragon + 2 solar array covers then :)

Excellent...could not quickly figure out the other 2, that would explain it.

1 hour ago, Draggendrop said:

The one thing that caught me off guard was the deluge system. It was tough to see if a lower system was in use...the tall rainbirds were not in use...thoughts?

The rainbirds flow at a lower rate for F9 vs FH, some not at all, and they don't spray until the release.  You can see them here, and one of the non-firing rainbirds (far right.)

Rain Birds.jpg

SpaceXer 'PadRat' on NSF is understandably ecstatic. 

Post 434: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=42182.425

Woohoo! No work tonight or tomorrow! Was getting worried watching the weather. Minus the cloud coverage it was an awesome sight to see! On another note, for me this really brings it full circle. After the last launch from there I was sitting in my jeep in the parking lot there teary eyed writing a post on this forum. Within a month I, along with a few thousand others, was seeking employment elsewhere. Now I can officially say that I have returned and can't wait to add some more history to this piece of sacred ground. I hope that we can do you all proud and it feels great to be back in the launching business (Florida side) and feels great to be back at 39A. Let's keep it going!

P.S. And yes, it will be a double shot of Jack no.22 tonight! 8)

• Like 2

The had a drone up - a not easy thing to get clearance for at KSC.

They're targeting a 2 week cadance and have rockets & payloads at KSC with more coming, but they would be happy with 2.5 weeks at first. That said, the current Echostar 23 NET is Feb. 28, 9 days from today, which will likely slip to March 4-5 but who knows? If the pad is in good shape and since they're flying the Autonomous FTS system... After that is SES-10, the first reflown booster, and it's NET is March 15.

• Like 1

In this video...

CRS-10 Hosted Webcast

At approx the 19:50 mark, there appears to be a smaller deluge corral, inside the rainbirds, and they were letting loose just prior to launch. I think we are in for a deluge show when FH lights up.

:)

Livestreams...

NASA Live

Upcoming Live Events (All Times Eastern)

Wednesday, Feb. 22, 12:30 a.m. - NASA TV coverage of the launch of the Russian Progress 66 cargo craft to the International Space Station. Launch scheduled at 12:58 a.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 22, 4:30 a.m. - NASA TV coverage of rendezvous and capture of the SpaceX Dragon cargo craft to the International Space Station. Grapple is scheduled at 6 a.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 22, 8:30 a.m. - Installation of the SpaceX Dragon cargo craft at the International Space Station.

Wednesday, Feb. 22, 1 p.m. - NASA news conference on discovery beyond our solar system. NASA will present new findings on planets that orbit stars other than our sun, known as exoplanets. The event will air live on NASA Television.

Friday, Feb. 24, 2:45 a.m. - Coverage of the docking of the Russian Progress 66 cargo craft to the International Space Station. Docking scheduled at 3:34 a.m.

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

NASA TV

ustream, ISS

SpaceX Dragon Rendezvous and Docking Waved Off for Today

Posted on February 22, 2017 at 4:38 am by mcsumner.

The SpaceX Dragon cargo spacecraft waved off its planned rendezvous with the International Space Station at 3:25 a.m. EST. Onboard computers triggered the abort after recognizing an incorrect value in data about the location of the space station. Per the re-rendezvous plan built into every mission, the spacecraft automatically reset for another rendezvous and docking attempt in 24 hours.

The spacecraft is in excellent shape with no issues, and the crew aboard the space station is safe. The next rendezvous attempt is targeted for Thursday morning. NASA TV coverage will begin at 4 a.m. with grapple expected around 6 a.m. Installation coverage will begin at 8 a.m. Watch live on NASA TV and online at: http://www.nasa.gov/live.