Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: January 2017

dipsylalapo

For the month of January, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap ($19.99 ERP) for free during the month of January. Killer Instinct Season 2 Ultra Edition ($39.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from January 16th to February 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Sunday, January 1st, The Cave ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through January 15th. Then on January 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Rayman Origins ($14.99 ERP) for free through January 31st.

*Titles are available as free downloads for qualifying Xbox Live Gold members in all markets where Xbox Live is available. Some regions may offer different titles depending on market availability.

Source

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: December 2016

• Like 1
  • Andrew pinned this topic
Andrew

I am making you the unofficial Neowin member of the month @dipsylalapo for doing all of the OP links, format and tags for me :p(Y)

Pinned

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
dipsylalapo

First week of deals for January. This week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 09 January 2017.

Source

George P

I don't see anything I like but I also have a chunk of titles I have to go through that I'm in no rush to add to the list right away.  After I get through most of them then lots of these will be on sale again or just cheap to begin with. 

dipsylalapo

Week two of deals for January. Discounts are valid now through to 16th January. 

Lots of deals on Rock Band 4 add ons for the Xbox One. 

Source

• Like 1
George P

Nice start to the new year for BC,  it really is a good idea for publishers to get their games on the list,  you can still buy them and at very low prices so it only adds to their bottom line in the end. 

dipsylalapo
1 minute ago, George P said:

Nice start to the new year for BC,  it really is a good idea for publishers to get their games on the list,  you can still buy them and at very low prices so it only adds to their bottom line in the end. 

Yep agree to some point, but don't forget we still see a lot of titles being remastered, which would be a good reason to not add to BC. Also if a sequel is due and they don't want to take the attention away from that, could be another reason. 

Still 100% behind you, and publishers really should push to make as many of their titles BC as they can.

George P
2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yep agree to some point, but don't forget we still see a lot of titles being remastered, which would be a good reason to not add to BC. Also if a sequel is due and they don't want to take the attention away from that, could be another reason. 

Still 100% behind you, and publishers really should push to make as many of their titles BC as they can.

Yeah,  if they want to do a remaster then sure,  valid reason not to add it,  but I think we're not going to see many more of those at this point,  it was a good and quick way for them to get something on the new systems at the start. 

Now that we're a good bit into this generation it's time for new games to come out.  Also if there is a sequel in the pipeline then releasing the older ones to BC is a good way to get people to jump into the series and buy the sequel. 

dipsylalapo
5 minutes ago, George P said:

Yeah,  if they want to do a remaster then sure,  valid reason not to add it,  but I think we're not going to see many more of those at this point,  it was a good and quick way for them to get something on the new systems at the start. 

We had a few AAA titles released towards the back end of last year. 

Bioshock - Sept

Batman: Return to Arkham - Oct

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Oct

CoD: MW - Nov

George P
9 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

We had a few AAA titles released towards the back end of last year. 

Bioshock - Sept

Batman: Return to Arkham - Oct

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Oct

CoD: MW - Nov

Yeah, but I really don't think we'll see many more going into this year, I think it's time for them to work out on games targeting the PS4 Pro and Scorpio, we could see "4k" updates hitting games now as the next new fad in gaming.  I really hope the remakes end and we can move on to new games.  I really don't play games over often, I always hunger for something new be it new IP or even sequels to series I like.

• Like 1
+LostCat

Don't forget Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Catherine...we're definitely seeing a lot of unexpected BC games showing up which is promising.

dipsylalapo

This week's Deals with Gold and Spotlight sale. Discounts are valid now through to 23rd January. 

Source

George P

Nothing that catches my eye this week. 

dipsylalapo

This week's Deals with Gold and Spotlight sale. Discounts are valid now through to 30th January. 

Source

dipsylalapo

Alice: Madness Returns is now BC

George P

Some solid deals this week,  I can't wait to get back and play through the backlog I have. 

dipsylalapo

Last week of deals for January. Discounts are valid now through to 6th Feb

Source

dipsylalapo

More titles added to BC. This time it's Stuntman: Igntion, Mad Tracks and JUJU. Enjoy!

• Andrew unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft delays the fifth Flight Simulator patch by a few days due to autopilot issues
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Microsoft has announced that it will be delaying the fifth Flight Simulator patch by a few days that was slated to be made available today. The company has cited some last-minute issues with the autopilot on multiple planes, because of which it will need a few more days to iron out the problems.

Here is the complete announcement:

According to the updated Feedback Snapshot from last week, the patch is expected to bring fixes for issues with the terrain emitting light, the promised removal of the ‘Press Any Key to Start’ prompt – something was originally planned in the earlier patches, the ability to disable cockpit tooltips, and more. It is possible that the company will share an updated snapshot as part of this week’s roadmap containing more information about what it plans to address with the fifth patch.

Considering that the announcement says that the patch is delayed just by a “few days”, it will not be surprising if it is released before the end of this week. With the highest voted issue also containing autopilot issues, it is best for the firm to release an update that does not add to the problems.

As for other Flight Simulator news, the firm is closer to releasing the VR beta, with emails for the first wave of the closed beta expected to be sent out soon to users running Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Cyberpunk 2077 hit with another delay, now releasing on December 10
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

With less than a month to go before CD Projekt RED's latest RPG Cyberpunk 2077 was set to launch, the studio has announced another delay to the game. It's not a drastic one this time, as this delay pushes the launch back by only 21 days. Instead of November 19, Cyberpunk 2077 will now launch on December 10 across all platforms.

While apologizing for this latest delay, CD Projekt RED said that preparing essentially nine versions of the game for a simultaneous launch - "Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series S|X, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia" - while working from home has been challenging.

"Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly," said the developer, explaining the situation. "We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make a difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do."

The studio added that while it announced Cyberpunk 2077 had 'gone gold', with all game content being ready for shipping, it had undercalculated the time it needed to make other improvements using a day 0 update.

If the latest plans hold, Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing on December 10, 2020. An enhanced next-gen version of the game is also in development, which will be landing sometime later for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with free upgrades to current-gen owners.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft is apparently launching vertical tabs in Edge Dev today [Update: now live]
      by Rich Woods

It's been a while since Microsoft announced vertical tabs for its Edge browser, and the feature has been available in the Canary channel since August. All you have to do to use it is enable a flag. Now, it's seemingly coming to the Dev channel today.

The news is according to a now-deleted tweet from the Edge Dev Twitter account. The tweet strangely linked to a blog post from earlier this month about a new favorites experience.

We're also due for a new Edge Dev build. Microsoft releases new builds to the Dev channel weekly, and typically on Tuesdays, so the timing here lines up. It also seems likely given that this feature has been available in the Canary channel for so long.

The team will announce the new Edge Dev build when it's available, and it should contain more detailed instructions on how to use the vertical tabs feature. Unlike the Canary builds, you probably won't need to activate a flag to use the feature in the Dev channel. When it is active though, there will be a toggle in the top-left to turn the feature on or off.

Update: It's official, and the feature is now live. You don't need to enable a flag; just click the icon in the top-left of the browser. You also don't need to install a new Edge Dev build. This seems to be a server-side change.

• By Abhay V
      AdDuplex: Windows 10 version 2004 is now the most popular version
      by Abhay Venkatesh

As is the case every month, AdDuplex has released its report detailing the usage share of various versions of Windows 10 based on data surveyed from more than 100,000 PCs through over 5,000 Microsoft Store apps that use the AdDuplex SDK v.2 or higher, as of October 26, 2020. This month’s highlight is that Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) is now the most used version of the OS.

Just last month, version 2004 overtook the May 2019 Update (version 1903) to become the second most popular version of Windows 10 with a 33.7% share, second to the November 2019 Update (version 1909). This month, version 2004 rose to 37.7% share to take the top spot. Version 1909 now sits at the second spot with a 32.4% share of the total, down from 34.5% last month.

A new addition to the chart is the October 2020 Update (version 20H2) that was released just last week. Considering that the Redmond giant is gradually rolling out the update, the latest version registers a tiny 1.7% market share – occupying a tiny blip at the bottom right of the chart. With Windows 10 version 1809 reaching the end of support next month, it will be interesting to see how the usage share shifts next month.

As for the older versions of the OS, the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) dropped from 25.7% to 22%, taking the third spot in terms of popularity. Version 1809 fell by 0.1% to 1.9%, and version 1803 interestingly gained slightly, going from 1.9% to 2.1%, possibly attributed to users on the Fall Creators Update (version 17909) and older version further decreasing, which is now bundled into one item that takes 2% of the overall share.

Lastly, the share of users running Insider builds took a drop from 0.7% last month to 0.2% this month. The decrease can be linked to the October 2020 Update making it out of the Release Preview Channel to production, prompting users to drop off the program.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Borderlands, Destiny, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for weekly Deals with Gold, Spotlight, and Publisher (Shocktober, Star Wars Mandalorian, and Watch Dogs: Legion Hack) sales. This week, games from Borderlands, Dead Space, and other franchises are available for substantially less.

Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. Xbox Live Gold members receive additional discounts on a number of titles through the paid subscription which is denoted with an asterisk.

Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S. Currently, Microsoft isn't adding any more backward compatible titles to the program, but that should change in 2021.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.