Help required with Whatsapp usage.

Hello There!

I wish to know that why does there exist 2 separate "Send" buttons - one for the Media & one for the Message within the Whatsapp interface?

Does there exist a way to constitute a Single correspondence comprising of Picture+Description & then sending these all along with a single 'Send' button?

Please note that Iam not referring to mere 'Captioning' an image but appending a thorough description with it?

How to make the attached Media+entered Description -- a part of single compilation & using the "Send" button just once!?

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you. :)

It might depend on what os you're on (I'm not sure). I remember on some older versions of windows phone, it depends also on how you attach the media : it used to be that if you attached an image from within the whatsapp conversation, it would bring up the interface to add a description, but if you used the "share" function from windows and sent it to whatsapp it would send the image directly without asking. I don't know if it's still the case.

On Android you can add a comment right under the media you are sending, I'm not sure how that works on other platforms. Look for a text input area under the media you just attached, on Android it isn't extremely clear but you can add text under it.  Oh btw, the comment you add as I explained, will just send as part of an image + message bubble, it won't be formatted like a 'description' of sorts, at least on Android.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steven P. said:

On Android you can add a comment right under the media you are sending, I'm not sure how that works on other platforms. Look for a text input area under the media you just attached, on Android it isn't extremely clear but you can add text under it.  Oh btw, the comment you add as I explained, will just send as part of an image + message bubble, it won't be formatted like a 'description' of sorts, at least on Android.

Hello Steven!

What you have explained actually constitutes a "Caption" - which could be one-liner.. but not what is being referred to as "Description" over here.

& you said right that the entry made against the 'Caption' field spread all across the posted Media & cover-up it up from Top to bottom !

Isn't there a way in WhatsApp to emulate how we post on Facebook or Twitter!?... i.e. a single intact format allowing us to attach an Image/video , writing the description along with it & then make that 'Final' post?

It appears as though one has to post only "Twice" for Whatsapp to make the Correspondence appear closely knit, intact & uniform.

Any further Inputs please?

PS - Iam using probably the Latest version of WhatsApp on my Android C1604 Sony Xperia & have recently become familiar with WhatsApp Web as well through my Windows Desktop PC.

Nothing appear different b/w these 2 environment when it comes to posting Messages (Media+Description) to the Contacts! 

clipimage.jpg

Edited by saurabhdua
Screenshot posted

We've determined what you want is possible, if you use the caption, but it isn't in other ways.

When you use the caption, the media and text is added like a normal chat bubble, I still don't see the issue. :s 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steven P. said:

We've determined what you want is possible, if you use the caption, but it isn't in other ways.

When you use the caption, the media and text is added like a normal chat bubble, I still don't see the issue. :s 

Hello again!

Do the "Recipient" also see the entire Compilation in the form of Media appended with Speech bubble description?

I know that the 'Sender' is able to see things that way, but as soon as you Tap the image - you see entire Text spread over & overlapping the Image - which requires to be Tapped once more to make that description disappear!

Is there a Uniformity of Message appearance at both Sender & Receiver's end? OR the Recipient encounters the one with Text spread all over the Image as a first impression?

Kindly clarify & I'll seal this Topic.

Thanks for your patience. :rolleyes: