Rise of the Tomb Raider or Watch_Dogs 2 ?!

3 minutes ago, Xahid said:

Two different games, how can you compare Apples with Oranges ?

Well, you take what's the common factor from both, which is, in this case, that they're fruits.

You can compare which color appeals you more, what taste appeals to you more and what shape you prefer (for examples such as sturdiness, the grip, etc.). 

Everything's comparable, it's only a matter of how comparable they are :)

Both games have different strategy, and game play, you can enjoy both games, but can't compare them. its purely personal taste. 

you can compare Watch dogs with Watch dogs 2.

• Like 2

Just now, Xahid said:

Both games have different strategy, and game play, you can enjoy both games, but can't compare them. its purely personal taste. 

you can compare Watch dogs with Watch dogs 2.

You can compare the graphics, what type of gameplay you like more, general dynamics, the physics, the realism, etc.

Per example, I might enjoy Watchdogs 2 more purely because it has more technological involvement than Tomb Raider does.

Or perhaps I enjoy Tomb Raider more purely because it is a type of game that's focuses on adventure and exploration?

20 minutes ago, Socratess said:

You can compare the graphics, what type of gameplay you like more, general dynamics, the physics, the realism, etc.

Per example, I might enjoy Watchdogs 2 more purely because it has more technological involvement than Tomb Raider does.

Or perhaps I enjoy Tomb Raider more purely because it is a type of game that's focuses on adventure and exploration?

yes, in that case ...

Rise of a Tomb Raider is a fantastic game that I enjoyed very much.

Watch Dogs 2 looks like an improvement over Watch dogs, which was a waste of time, and looks like the game I would also enjoy.

Do you prefer urban tech VS beautiful nature and mysticism???

On 12/22/2016 at 10:01 AM, Socratess said:

By far Watch Dogs 2, no doubt about it.

We have had enough of Tomb Raider's lousy comebacks.

To each their own. For myself, I love the Tomb Raider series. Uncharted has definitely filled the gap, but if a Tomb Raider game comes along you can bet I'll be looking in to getting it.  "Indiana Jones" treasure hunting games are always fun for me.

I didn't play the original Watch Dogs due to the mixed reviews, but Watch Dogs 2 seems to have made up for the previous game's mistakes. I may look in to it at some point when the price drops.

Ultimately you need to let us know what kind of games you play, what style interests you etc. Everyone has different tastes, so just asking us to say which is better will present very subjective answers.

20 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

To each their own. For myself, I love the Tomb Raider series. Uncharted has definitely filled the gap, but if a Tomb Raider game comes along you can bet I'll be looking in to getting it.  "Indiana Jones" treasure hunting games are always fun for me.

I didn't play the original Watch Dogs due to the mixed reviews, but Watch Dogs 2 seems to have made up for the previous game's mistakes. I may look in to it at some point when the price drops.

Ultimately you need to let us know what kind of games you play, what style interests you etc. Everyone has different tastes, so just asking us to say which is better will present very subjective answers.

Never said otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Socratess said:

Never said otherwise.

Apologies for the mistake. From the "we don't want another tomb raider comeback" I assumed the "we" was collective, so I was just mentioning that some of us don't mind so long as there is treasure hunting involved. ;)(Y)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Socratess said:

Never said otherwise.

It sounded like you called 

the latest tomb raider a lousy comeback.

Which totally sounds like you DID say "otherwise" ;)

On 12/24/2016 at 2:27 PM, Nick H. said:

Apologies for the mistake. From the "we don't want another tomb raider comeback" I assumed the "we" was collective, so I was just mentioning that some of us don't mind so long as there is treasure hunting involved. ;)(Y)

No need to apologies! No harm was done.

• 2 weeks later...

RotTR by a mile. WD2 is an improvement over WD but RotTR is pretty awesome.

One common criticism is I see about WD2 is the inclusion of guns.

Yeah which RotTR totally doesn't have heh.  Watch Dogs had guns, why would 2 not?

I found RotTR a better overall package just because of the silliness of WD2s characters (and occasionally plot,) which can be a nice change of pace but is extremely weird.

(I think we're a bit late answering this one though.)

Saying Watch_Dogs 2 is an improvement over Watch_Dogs 1 isn't really saying much at all considering how bland and uninteresting that game is. They would have actively tried to make it worse than the first.

That being said Watch_Dogs 2 is a good game but I don't know that I'd pay more than $30 for it.

3 hours ago, LostCat said:

I don't believe I've yet seen an open world game without any form of combat, so I'm not sure what they would've replaced it with.

Fighting? An emphasis on stealth? Non-lethal weapons (taser, gas, etc.)?

You could have combat,but just not gunplay.

RoTR is a pretty dammed stunning game graphics wise and gameplay, not really my cup of Tea but it came with my 970 and is still installed :) 

• 2 weeks later...