Razer Mamba 2012 - good enough?

26-153-080-07.jpg 

Hi.

My actual Logitech G700 starts to get old by having some issues with left click (double clicks randomly) and thought that I should change the brand for the next mouse. I saw that Mamba 2012 edition has a very attractive price (around 60$) and I want to find out if it's a good choice overall. I'm not playing very much but I pay for quality, reliability and ergonomy. From pictures seems very nice, rubber surface (?), enough buttons and enough technology.  

Feel free to comment.

Ps : how are those sides grips attached? saw some bad comments on these.

"My mamba side grips began to peel after only 3 months of use. I baby my computer and peripherals. Also the battery stopped charging forcing me to always have it on the cord. "

Capture.JPG

• 1 month later...

I had a Mamba 2012 for over a year and had absolutely no problem with the hardware. It's a web built mouse. Shape is very good. I would rate the hardware of the mouse A+ easily. I threw it on the ground once out of frustration and it survived.

The software though it's another story. Had a lot of problems with the drivers. The mouse would start lagging/jumping for no reason here and there.  Mouse would work perfectly for days then suddenly would start having issues. Was very frustrating when it happened right in the middle of a WoW raid or fps deathmatch. It was not wireless latency but really like the cursor would make jump for no reason. I know the problem was the drivers and not the hardware because the mouse worked flawlessly in plug-and play mode without the drivers installed. The problem is without the drivers there's lot of  missing features. Back then lot of people were reporting the same problem on Razer's forum and on Youtube too. Drivers update made it less frequent but never really totally solved the problem.