+Gary7

What is up with this Firefox's About:Home page...

SS.PNG

TAZMINATOR

What's up with Gary?

He wasn't talking about the start page which he mentioned it in the title but he was talking about the 'about' page. :rolleyes:

LimeMaster

about:home is what his screenshot showed, so I assumed that was what he was talking about.

+warwagon

On mine.. I get some hearts and someone blowing me a kiss. It says

"Thanks to donations, Mozilla does a lot more than build this awesome browser. We teach people to code, fight for online privacy, and protect the web for future generations. Just a few times a year, Mozilla asks for donations. If everyone reading this chipped in $3 to help Mozilla, we could wrap this fundraiser up in under an hour! Donate to Mozilla and keep the web healthy, open, and a force for good. Thank you"

+Gary7
1 minute ago, warwagon said:

On mine.. I get some hearts and someone blowing me a kiss. It says

"Thanks to donations, Mozilla does a lot more than build this awesome browser. We teach people to code, fight for online privacy, and protect the web for future generations. Just a few times a year, Mozilla asks for donations. If everyone reading this chipped in $3 to help Mozilla, we could wrap this fundraiser up in under an hour! Donate to Mozilla and keep the web healthy, open, and a force for good. Thank you"

I will wrap it up real soon if it does not stop.

+warwagon
5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Wrap what up? Just change your home page. Its a ###### home page anyway which uses Yahoo.

+Gary7
5 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Wrap what up? Just change your home page. Its a ###### home page anyway which uses Yahoo.

The hearts, I do not use Yahoo and if Mozilla wants donations why don't they find a better way than just arbitrarily place hearts on a start page. I thought I had a damn Virus or something. Just plain hearts with no words, at least you got some words.

TAZMINATOR
8 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Calm down.  You can change the start up page in the settings to whatever you want such as neowin.net or whatever you like the most.

+Gary7
Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

Calm down.  You can change the start up page in the settings to whatever you want such as neowin.net or whatever you like the most.

I know this and I am Calm, just Mozilla made me waste time by running a scan.

Anibal P

Turn off whatever POS addon is blocking the message, click the freaking X symbol and it's gone and back to the default start page

You're making this out to be way more than what it is 

• Like 1
JoseyWales

ROFL!! Thanks for making my day.. I needed a good laugh.. :rofl:

• Like 2
+Gary7
4 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

Turn off whatever POS addon is blocking the message, click the freaking X symbol and it's gone and back to the default start page

You're making this out to be way more than what it is 

What X symbol. I don't have one unless you are referring to the  close Fx Button. I did That and it comes back.

JoseyWales

It stays off for me.. I'm logged into sync, maybe that has something to do with it being persistent. Assuming your not logged into it of course..

+warwagon
10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

What X symbol. I don't have one unless you are referring to the  close Fx Button. I did That and it comes back.

Capture.JPG

+Gary7
1 minute ago, JoseyWales said:

It stays off for me.. I'm logged into sync, maybe that has something to do with it being persistent. Assuming your not logged into it of course..

I am logged in. It really is not a big deal if they would have said what it was for. To turn on your Browser and see a screen ful of Hearts to me was not normal.

Just now, warwagon said:

Capture.JPG

You saw my OP did you see that in it??

+warwagon
1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I am logged in. It really is not a big deal if they would have said what it was for. To turn on your Browser and see a screen ful of Hearts to me was not normal.

You saw my OP did you see that in it??

Nope, which is why I wanted to show you what it "Should" look like.

• Like 1
JoseyWales

It was quite 8 bit wasn't it?

TAZMINATOR
2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The about page is normal.. Mozilla changes it from time to time however they want.  If you don't like it, all you do is simply change the start up page to any site of your choice or blank page so you won't have to worry about it anymore. 

+Gary7
2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Nope, which is why I wanted to show you what it "Should" look like.

Thank you I had to Disable Stylish to get rid of it. All's well.

JoseyWales

Well, it is a bit in your face.. They could have done a much better job of it.

Anibal P
5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Thank you I had to Disable Stylish to get rid of it. All's well.

There was a reason I mentioned turning off any POS addon, they always cause more issues than not 

+Gary7
5 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

There was a reason I mentioned turning off any POS addon, they always cause more issues than not 

If it were not for Stylish, I would be using Chrome.

Boo Berry
5 hours ago, Gary7 said:

If it were not for Stylish, I would be using Chrome.

Stylish is available for Chrome.

• Like 2
+Gary7
21 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Stylish is available for Chrome.

I know but I would use Edge before Chrome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Basilisk 2020.11.25
      by Razvan Serea

Basilisk is a free and Open Source XUL-based web browser created by the developers of the Pale Moon browser. It is based on the Goanna layout and rendering engine (a fork of Gecko) and builds on the Unified XUL Platform (UXP), which in turn is a fork of the Mozilla code base without Servo or Rust.

Basilisk as an application is primarily a vessel for development of the XUL platform it builds upon, and additionally a potential replacement for Firefox to retain the use of Firefox Extensions. It aims to retain useful technologies that its sibling Firefox has removed.

Requires Windows 7 or later. Windows XP or Windows Vista are not supported.

Main features:

Full support for JavaScript's ECMAscript 6 standard for modern web browsing. Support for all NPAPI plugins (Unity, Silverlight, Flash, Java, authentication plugins, etc.). Support for XUL/Overlay Mozilla-style extensions. Experimental support for WebExtensions (in gecko-target mode). Please note that some Mozilla-specific WebExtension APIs are not yet available. Support for ALSA on Linux. Support for WebAssembly (WASM). Support for advanced Graphite font shaping features. Support for modern web cryptography: up to TLS 1.3, modern ciphers, HSTS, etc. Important differences with Mozilla Firefox:

Uses Goanna as a layout and rendering engine. Goanna behaves slightly differently than Gecko in certain respects and may result in different display of web pages. e.g.: Goanna renders gradients in a more accurate color space (non-premultiplied). Builds on UXP, our XUL platform in development. As such XUL is alive and well in this browser and will not be deprecated. Has some long-standing known issues with the Mozilla code-base fixed (e.g. CVE-2009-1232). Does not use Rust or the Photon user interface. You can expect a familiar interface as-carried by Firefox between v29 and v56. Does not use Electrolysis (e10s, multi-process browsing). Does not require walled-garden extension signing. Basilisk 2020.11.25 changelog:

Aligned CSS tab-size with the specification and un-prefixed it. Updated Brotli library to 1.0.9. Updated JAR lib code. Cleaned up HPKP leftovers. Disabled the DOM filesystem API by default. Removed Phone Vibrator API. Fixed an issue where the software uninstaller would not remove the program files it should. Fixed a devtools crash related to timeline snapshots. Fixed several data race conditions. Security issues fixed: CVE-2020-26960, CVE-2020-26951, CVE-2020-26956, CVE-2020-15999 and several memory safety hazards. Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 5 fixed, 4 defense-in-depth, 3 rejected, 19 not applicable. Download: Basilisk 2020.11.25 (32-bit) | Portable | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Basilisk 2020.11.25 (64-bit) | Portable
      View: Basilisk Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Mozilla will ship Firefox 85 without Flash support
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has announced that it will remove support for Flash with the release of Firefox 85. That version of Firefox is set to rollout to users on 26 January 2021 with the Nightly arriving today and the Beta on 14 December 2020. Today’s reminder comes on the same day that Firefox 83 was released with improved SpiderMonkey performance.

It’s no secret that Mozilla has been looking to remove Flash support from its browser. Last year, we reported that Firefox 69 would come with Flash disabled by default and before that Firefox 47 set the plug-in to click-to-activate and Firefox 52 removed support for non-Flash NPAPI plug-ins.

While 26 January 2021 marks the date of the release of the first version of Firefox without Flash support, the plug-in will actually stop working on 12 January 2021 when it reaches its end-of-life.

Adobe Flash Player was first released 24 years ago in 1996 and powered games and video content until HTML5 came along about a decade ago. Since the introduction of HTML5, game developers and online videos have moved away from Flash. The two main benefits of moving to HTML5 is security and performance as not everyone kept their Flash installs up-to-date nor did it perform well on other operating systems such as Linux.

• By zikalify
      Mozilla Firefox 83 comes with big JavaScript enhancements
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has announced the release of Firefox 83. Unlike Firefox 82, which was a modest upgrade, Firefox 83 includes some big improvements including improvements to the SpiderMonkey JavaScript engine which increases page load performance, page responsiveness and lowers memory usage.

With Firefox 83, Mozilla has decided to replace parts of its JavaScript engine. Aside from boosting the browser's security and making it easier to maintain, the changes increase page load performance by 15%, page responsiveness by 12% and reduces memory usage by 8%. You won’t need to do anything to experience these improvements as they come switched on by default in the update.

Another new feature is HTTPS-Only Mode. This is an optional feature that can be turned on in Firefox Preferences. As you can see from the name, this mode will ensure that all of your connections to websites are encrypted and secure giving you peace of mind when connected to a public network. If a website does not support HTTPS, you will be greeted by a ‘Secure Connection Not Available’ message. You do have the option to proceed to the website using only HTTP but the warning will let you know before you proceed.

Some other notable changes include pinch zoom support for Windows touch screen devices and touchpads on Mac devices, the directional arrows can be used to fast forward, rewind and adjust the volume in Picture-in-Picture mode, and AcroForm support has been added which lets you fill in, print, and save supported PDF forms.

The firm said that this release is big for WebRender as the rollout expands on Windows 7 and 8 as well as on macOS 10.12 to 10.15. Regarding Mac devices, the firm said that Firefox 83 and above will work on Apple’s new Silicon CPU using emulation under Apple’s Rosetta 2 that ships with Big Sur. Going forward, the firm will support the new processor natively.

• By Copernic
      Firefox 83.0 released for download
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Firefox 83.0 release notes:

Firefox keeps getting faster as a result of significant updates to SpiderMonkey, our JavaScript engine, you will now experience improved page load performance by up to 15%, page responsiveness by up to 12%, and reduced memory usage by up to 8%. We have replaced part of the JavaScript engine that helps to compile and display websites for you, improving security and maintainability of the engine at the same time. Firefox introduces HTTPS-Only Mode. When enabled, this new mode ensures that every connection Firefox makes to the web is secure and alerts you when a secure connection is not available. You can enable it in Firefox Preferences. Pinch zooming will now be supported for our users with Windows touchscreen devices and touchpads on Mac devices. Firefox users may now use pinch to zoom on touch-capable devices to zoom in and out of webpages. Picture-in-Picture now supports keyboard shortcuts for fast forwarding and rewinding videos: use the arrow keys to move forward and back 15 seconds, along with volume controls. For a list of supported commands see Support Mozilla When you are presenting your screen on a video conference in Firefox, you will see our improved user interface that makes it clearer which devices or displays are being shared. We’ve improved functionality and design for a number of Firefox search features:

Selecting a search engine at the bottom of the search panel now enters search mode for that engine, allowing you to see suggestions (if available) for your search terms. The old behavior (immediately performing a search) is available with a shift-click. When Firefox autocompletes the URL of one of your search engines, you can now search with that engine directly in the address bar by selecting the shortcut in the address bar results. We’ve added buttons at the bottom of the search panel to allow you to search your bookmarks, open tabs, and history. Other changes:

Firefox supports AcroForm, which will allow you to fill in, print, and save supported PDF forms and the PDF viewer also has a new fresh look. Our users in India on the English build of Firefox will now see Pocket recommendations in their new tab featuring some of the best stories on the web. If you don’t see them, you can turn on Pocket articles in your new tab by following these steps. For the recently released Apple devices built with Apple Silicon CPUs, you can use Firefox 83 and future releases without any change. This release (83) will support emulation under Apple’s Rosetta 2 that ships with macOS Big Sur. We are working toward Firefox being natively-compiled for these CPUs in a future release. This is a major release for WebRender as we roll out to more Firefox users on Windows 7 and 8 as well as on macOS 10.12 to 10.15. Fixed:

Screen reader features which report paragraphs now correctly report paragraphs instead of lines in Google Docs When reading by word using a screen reader, words are now correctly reported when there is punctuation nearby The arrow keys now work correctly after tabbing in the picture-in-picture window For users on macOS restoring a session with minimized windows, Firefox now uses much less power and you should see much longer battery life. Various security fixes Enterprise

Enterprise Information Developer

Developer Information Developers can use the scroll badge in the Page Inspector to Debug scrollable overflow. Selecting the badge highlights elements that are causing overflow and marks them with the overflow badge Web Platform

This release adds support for conic gradients in CSS, helping colors to smoothly transition as you spin around the center, rather than as you progress outward from the center. Download: Firefox 83.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 83.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 83.0 for MacOS | 73.0 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

• By Copernic
      Firefox 82.0.3
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Firefox 82.0.3 changelog:

Security fix Download: Firefox 82.0.3 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 82.0.3 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 82.0.3 for MacOS | 73.0 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes