+Gary7

What is up with this Firefox's About:Home page...

SS.PNG

TAZMINATOR

What's up with Gary?

He wasn't talking about the start page which he mentioned it in the title but he was talking about the 'about' page. :rolleyes:

LimeMaster

about:home is what his screenshot showed, so I assumed that was what he was talking about.

+warwagon

On mine.. I get some hearts and someone blowing me a kiss. It says

"Thanks to donations, Mozilla does a lot more than build this awesome browser. We teach people to code, fight for online privacy, and protect the web for future generations. Just a few times a year, Mozilla asks for donations. If everyone reading this chipped in $3 to help Mozilla, we could wrap this fundraiser up in under an hour! Donate to Mozilla and keep the web healthy, open, and a force for good. Thank you"

+Gary7
1 minute ago, warwagon said:

On mine.. I get some hearts and someone blowing me a kiss. It says

"Thanks to donations, Mozilla does a lot more than build this awesome browser. We teach people to code, fight for online privacy, and protect the web for future generations. Just a few times a year, Mozilla asks for donations. If everyone reading this chipped in $3 to help Mozilla, we could wrap this fundraiser up in under an hour! Donate to Mozilla and keep the web healthy, open, and a force for good. Thank you"

I will wrap it up real soon if it does not stop.

+warwagon
5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Wrap what up? Just change your home page. Its a ###### home page anyway which uses Yahoo.

+Gary7
5 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Wrap what up? Just change your home page. Its a ###### home page anyway which uses Yahoo.

The hearts, I do not use Yahoo and if Mozilla wants donations why don't they find a better way than just arbitrarily place hearts on a start page. I thought I had a damn Virus or something. Just plain hearts with no words, at least you got some words.

TAZMINATOR
8 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Calm down.  You can change the start up page in the settings to whatever you want such as neowin.net or whatever you like the most.

+Gary7
Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

Calm down.  You can change the start up page in the settings to whatever you want such as neowin.net or whatever you like the most.

I know this and I am Calm, just Mozilla made me waste time by running a scan.

Anibal P

Turn off whatever POS addon is blocking the message, click the freaking X symbol and it's gone and back to the default start page

You're making this out to be way more than what it is 

• Like 1
JoseyWales

ROFL!! Thanks for making my day.. I needed a good laugh.. :rofl:

• Like 2
+Gary7
4 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

Turn off whatever POS addon is blocking the message, click the freaking X symbol and it's gone and back to the default start page

You're making this out to be way more than what it is 

What X symbol. I don't have one unless you are referring to the  close Fx Button. I did That and it comes back.

JoseyWales

It stays off for me.. I'm logged into sync, maybe that has something to do with it being persistent. Assuming your not logged into it of course..

+warwagon
10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

What X symbol. I don't have one unless you are referring to the  close Fx Button. I did That and it comes back.

Capture.JPG

+Gary7
1 minute ago, JoseyWales said:

It stays off for me.. I'm logged into sync, maybe that has something to do with it being persistent. Assuming your not logged into it of course..

I am logged in. It really is not a big deal if they would have said what it was for. To turn on your Browser and see a screen ful of Hearts to me was not normal.

Just now, warwagon said:

Capture.JPG

You saw my OP did you see that in it??

+warwagon
1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I am logged in. It really is not a big deal if they would have said what it was for. To turn on your Browser and see a screen ful of Hearts to me was not normal.

You saw my OP did you see that in it??

Nope, which is why I wanted to show you what it "Should" look like.

• Like 1
JoseyWales

It was quite 8 bit wasn't it?

TAZMINATOR
2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The about page is normal.. Mozilla changes it from time to time however they want.  If you don't like it, all you do is simply change the start up page to any site of your choice or blank page so you won't have to worry about it anymore. 

+Gary7
2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Nope, which is why I wanted to show you what it "Should" look like.

Thank you I had to Disable Stylish to get rid of it. All's well.

JoseyWales

Well, it is a bit in your face.. They could have done a much better job of it.

Anibal P
5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Thank you I had to Disable Stylish to get rid of it. All's well.

There was a reason I mentioned turning off any POS addon, they always cause more issues than not 

+Gary7
5 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

There was a reason I mentioned turning off any POS addon, they always cause more issues than not 

If it were not for Stylish, I would be using Chrome.

Boo Berry
5 hours ago, Gary7 said:

If it were not for Stylish, I would be using Chrome.

Stylish is available for Chrome.

• Like 2
+Gary7
21 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Stylish is available for Chrome.

I know but I would use Edge before Chrome.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Copernic
      Firefox 86.0
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

What's new in Firefox 86.0:

Firefox now supports simultaneously watching multiple videos in Picture-in-Picture.

Today, Firefox introduces Total Cookie Protection to Strict Mode. In Total Cookie Protection, every website gets its own “cookie jar,” preventing cookies from being used to track you from site to site.

We've improved our Print functionality with a cleaner design and better integration with your computer's printer settings.

For Firefox users in Canada, credit card management and auto-fill are now enabled.

Notable performance and stability improvements are achieved by moving canvas drawing and WebGL drawing to the GPU process.

Fixed:

Reader mode now works with local HTML pages. Using screen reader quick navigation to move to editable text controls no longer incorrectly reaches non-editable cells in some grids such as on messenger.com. The Orca screen reader's mouse review feature now works correctly after switching tabs in Firefox. Screen readers no longer report column headers incorrectly in tables containing cells spanning multiple columns. Links in Reader View now have more color contrast. Various security fixes. Changed:

On Linux and Android, the protection to mitigate the stack clash attack has been activated.

From Firefox 86 onward, DTLS 1.0 is no longer supported for establishing WebRTC's PeerConnections. All WebRTC services need to support DTLS 1.2 from now on as the minimum version.

Consolidated all video decoding in the new RDD process which results in a more secure Firefox.

Enterprise:

Various bug fixes and new policies have been implemented in the latest version of Firefox. You can see more details in the Firefox for Enterprise 86 Release Notes. Developer:

Developer Information CSS image-set() function in CSS is now enabled, allowing for responsive images in CSS. Inactive CSS tool is now showing a warning when margin or padding is set on internal table elements. Developer Tools Toolbox is now showing a number of errors on the current page. This is a quick way to surface information to a developer that something is wrong with their page. Clicking on the red exclamation icon navigates the user to the Console panel. Download: Firefox 86.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 86.0 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 86.0 for MacOS | 125.0 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Mozilla releases Firefox 86 with Total Cookie Protection
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has just released Firefox 86 that includes several new features including Total Cookie Protection a major privacy advancement that’s built into Enhanced Tracking Protection (ETP) Strict Mode and creates a cookie jar for each website you visit so trackers can’t follow you around the web. The update also adds support to watch several videos in Picture-in-Picture mode at once, the Print functionality has a cleaner design and better integration with your computer’s settings, and there are more performance improvements.

For several years, Mozilla has been pitching itself as the anti-Chrome - a product that cares about your privacy. In this update, Mozilla has added a new feature called Total Cookie Protection which can be enabled by changing the ETP settings to Strict Mode. Total Cookie Protection confines tracking cookies to the site on which they were created so that you can’t be tracked around the web.

Of course, cookies are not only used for tracking purposes, some are required to make a website operate properly. In the case of cross-site cookies that are needed for non-tracking purposes, Firefox will create a temporary exemption so that you’re browsing experience is not hurt. This new feature arrives just one month after Firefox introduced protections against supercookies - a more resilient tracking tool.

On the usability side of things, Mozilla has updated the printing options so that they are easier to use and better integrate with the computer’s settings. Firefox also lets you create several Picture-in-Picture videos at once now so you can keep watching more than one piece of content at once.

With this update, canvas drawing and WebGL drawing have been shifted over to the GPU process. Not only will this change make the browser better at handling these tasks but it should also make the browser a bit more stable resulting in fewer crashes.

You can download the new version of Firefox from Mozilla right now if you don’t have it installed already or you can wait for the browser to update automatically if you do. To update your browser manually, head into the hamburger menu, go down to Help and select About Firefox. The new update will download and you’ll be asked to restart your browser. If you’re on Linux, you’ll need to wait until the update becomes available in the package manager which could take up to a few days.

• By Copernic
      Firefox 85.0.2 [Update]
      by Razvan Serea

Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.

Firefox has complete features for browsing the Internet. It is very reliable and flexible due to its implemented security features, along with customization options. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Firefox 85.0.1 fixes:

Security fix

Prevent access to NTFS special paths that could lead to filesystem corruption.

Fixed a crash when authenticating to websites using SPNEGO on macOS devices with Apple Silicon CPUs (bug 1685427).

Avoid printing an extra blank page at the end of some documents (bug 1689789).

Fixed a browser crash in case of unexpected Cache API state (bug 1684838).

FIxed external URL scheme handlers when using the Firefox flatpak (bug 1688966)

Developer:

Developer Information Changes in Firefox 85.0.2:

Fixed a deadlock during startup (bug 1679933) Download: Firefox 85.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~50.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: Firefox 85.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~70.0 MB
      Download: Firefox 85.0.2 for MacOS | 124.0 MB
      View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Mozilla launches Firefox 85 with supercookie protection
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has announced the availability of Firefox 85. The new update brings supercookie protection, better bookmark management, and an option to remove all of your saved logins in the password manager with one click rather than having to delete them one at a time. Today’s update also marks the first Firefox release to ship without support for Adobe Flash which recently reached end-of-life.

For years now, Firefox has been positioned itself as the go-to browser for the best privacy protections, it already has strong measures in place to prevent third-party tracking but with today’s update, it will also begin to stymie supercookies. Supercookies are cookies that are used to track you online but stay hidden from the browser, they even stick around after you clear your browser’s cookies. Firefox 85 isolates supercookies so they cannot track and profile you as you go from one website to the next.

The biggest visual change that users will see in this update is to the bookmarks bar. Even if you have your bookmarks bar hidden, it’ll still be displayed on new tabs. The firm says that this is the default setting implying that you can hide it on the new tabs page if you don’t like it. A new folder on the toolbar will also give you access to your bookmarks menu.

The final change worth mentioning in this update is the ability to delete all of your saved logins with the click of a button. In the past, you’d have to go through the list manually deleting them one by one which was time-consuming if you had lots of logins to go through.

If you’re already running Firefox it should update on its own although you can go to the hamburger menu, go to Help and then select About Firefox to get the update now. You will see the update downloading and then a button will appear letting you restart the browser to apply the update. If you’re on Linux, you’ll likely need to wait for your operating system to display the update. If you don’t have Firefox, you can download the latest version now.

• By zikalify
      Firefox Nightly starts faster on Windows with skeleton UI
      by Paul Hill

Mozilla has enabled a new feature in Firefox Nightly on Windows 10 called skeleton UI, the idea is that when you start the browser on the first boot, the browser shows a spartan window just to show that the browser is loading. According to Doug Thayer, a Firefox Platform Engineer, the change will give users a visual indication of the browser loading as much as 15 seconds faster than normal.

Typically, Firefox should load fairly quickly on subsequent launches but when launching it for the first time after boot it can be slow as data on the hard drive has to be accessed. By offering a skeleton UI, users will know that Firefox is loading and not try to mash the Firefox icon which will only cause delays as several more browser windows attempt to open.

The skeleton UI will show the outline of the URL bar and the tabs but icons in the browser chrome, tab names, and strings in the URL bar are just represented by thick grey lines to show that those bits of information are still loading.

As with other features Mozilla attempts to implement in Firefox, the skeleton UI is currently only available on Windows 10 systems. It’ll likely come to other supported Windows versions soon enough but there’s also macOS and Linux which would benefit from the feature too. Once the skeleton UI launches on the stable branch on Windows 10, hopefully, we won’t have to wait long for it to show up on other platforms.

Via: Ghacks