What have people bought from the current Steam sale?

I got Abzu, Oxenfree, Satellite Reign, Feist, Jotun, Assassin's Creed Russia and India.

I might get some other stuff, but there is nothing that I feel like I absolutely need to get. In fact, I cleared more games from my Wishlist this time around.

Cities: Skylines, and I upgraded my copy of Shadowrun: Hong Kong so that I get the soundtrack and the artwork.

In total I think I've spent about 10 CHF. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, I did look up Dishonored today after watching the first Hunger Games film (the aesthetics of the Capitol seem similar to Dishonored) but then I remembered that I already have that on the PS3 if I really wanted to play it.

Nada from the Steam Sale(s); however, Ubi30 and the Humble events have been a bonanza.  From the Humble sale, I got GRiD (Steam) and I got four games via UBI30 that I wanted (I got the non-Ultimate version of Anno 2205 separately)

Bought "The Forest" played it for 1 hour, refund!

There are too many garbage games out there these days with fake/funny/joke reviews, it's hard to find anything that is actually good.

Nothing, but I bought Firewatch, Homeworld Remastered, Flame in the Flood and Oxenfree on the GOG sale. 

Edited by virtorio

Planet Coaster.

I sort of wish I hadn't though.  I'm not sure I will get on with it very well.

I love the updated (graphics/game play/rides) but some of the controls are just a bit weird and annoying.  Plus, my shuttle PC heats up lovely when playing it, despite having the graphics on medium.  And I hate it that the paths constantly snap to each other when placing, which means I get silly kinks that I have to delete and remake.

Just a shame RCT3 crashes fairly late on in the game (the sandy mission about 3rd or 4th from the end).

Will maybe look at RCT World but apparently it is just awful as the RCT3 developers left and made Planet Coaster instead.

I picked up Five Nights and Freddy's and Pony Island last night.

Pony Island is really interesting. For those that don't know, it's not entirely about ponies on an island, and at 1.91 CHF (I got the soundtrack as well) it's a great puzzle game.

Five Nights at Freddy's I had to stop playing after the first attempt. Only because I yelped at about 00:30 when everyone else had gone to bed. I say yelped, I think the exact sound that left my mouth was, "YAHBADABAH!" :laugh: 2.50 CHF.

Both great games for the price.

Just picked up Universe Sandbox^2. Pretty entertaining. I may or may not have blown up our solar system a few times. :shifty:

After the first "an item on your wishlist is on sale" e-mail, I figured I'd have a look at it when I'd be back home.

After the second one, which came only a few hours afterwards, I was growing really interested but I had other things to do

I got a third e-mail the same day, and in my mind I said "ok chill out steam I know you're waiting i'll be there in a bit just calm down"

Then I got four more the next day, and they kept coming the following days, and I'm too lazy to turn off these e-mails or empty my steam wishlist.

So I haven't bought anything yet but I'm too ###### off at steam to even look at the sales now.

As if I didn't already have enough games with too little time to play anyway

4 minutes ago, Dot Matrix said:

Just picked up Universe Sandbox^2. Pretty entertaining. I may or may not have blown up our solar system a few times. :shifty:

I've got that on my wishlist, but as brpsycho has said I've got way too many games at the moment so I still can't quite justify the price, even with 20% off. I think it would be one of those games where I'll lose an hour or so the first time I load it up, then I'd only play it to run specific scenarios in the future.

I bought Subsistence

http://store.steampowered.com/app/418030/

early access, being created by one guy. Open world sand box survival game. I know we have alot of this, but this one doesnt have zombies, and is really good so far, especially for having the one dev who does the game as a hobby.

It's new and still not all the way there, but so far i'm enjoying it much more than i did other survival games like Dayz and rust.

I got the Danganronpa games for my wife. There was an additional discount for getting both of them. Danganronpa was a mystery/whodunit anime a few years ago where a dozen or so high school students found themselves locked in a high school with a talking teddy bear, who tells them they are to play a game. There is to be a murder, and then after however many hours they will hold a trial, and they can continue if they convict the right person. If not, the rest die and the killer wins. If you liked the Saw movies, you'll probably like this. I guess the games are similar, but I don't know. Never saw an anime game that looked good. I'll watch a good anime, but the games are usually a pass for me.

My wife got me Final Fantasy XV (for her XB1, it's not on PC, at least not yet) and I've been meaning to get into that. I haven't played a Final Fantasy since 9. Beat 7, but didn't get past the first disc in 8 and then 9 as well. After 7, the others just couldn't add up. But this new one is different. Everything I've seen, it just looks like a winner. I generally stick to one game at a time and play it to 100%, so after a year of Fallout 4, I'm looking for a change...

Final Fantasy XIII

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Steam gifted it to my wife)

Pacman Championship Edition DX+

Penumbra: Overture

Penumbra: Black Plague

Penumbra: Requiem

Unreal Tournament Pack (Unreal Gold, Unreal 2, Unreal Tournament GOTY, Unreal Tournament 3, Unreal Tournament 2004)

Call of Duty: World at War

Psychonauts (Gifted to me by my wife)

I think I might have $30 in all of those games combined with the different sale prices they've been going for over the past few weeks, :p