Official Gun Control Debate Thread II

+Red King

Looks like the POTUS is going after arm braces - aka the workaround for having an SBR without the BS.

Emn1ty
Posted (edited)

This seems to be in-line with the topic and I personally appreciated the way it was articulated. So sharing here. I know not everything here is about banning, but I do think it highlights the highly a very common argument from the anti-weapon crowd. This video is a response to another video (by Matt Easton), which seems to have resulted from a recent stint of weapon bans in the UK.

Steven P.

Idaho school shooting: Girl in Rigby wounds three, police say

A girl reported to be 11 or 12 years old shot and wounded two other students and a member of staff at a school in the US state of Idaho, police said.

The unnamed pupil, who is in the sixth grade, brought a gun to Rigby Middle School in the city of the same name and opened fire.

The three victims are expected to survive, officials said.

A female teacher managed to disarm the girl and detained her until police took her into custody, authorities said.

The motive for the shooting is not yet clear.

The girl "retrieved a handgun from her backpack, fired multiple rounds inside of the school and out," said Jefferson County Sheriff Steve Anderson, adding that the girl was from the nearby city of Idaho Falls.

The incident is being investigated by the FBI and local law enforcement.

Pupil Yandel Rodriguez, 12, told the Associated Press that they had heard "a loud noise, and then there were two more loud noises".

"Then there was screaming. Our teacher went to check it out, and he found blood," Yandel said.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57018329

A girl of 11 or 12 years old... 🙄

Emn1ty
16 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57018329

A girl of 11 or 12 years old... 🙄

I'm really curious how they got a hold of the firearm. In these cases the owners of these firearms should be prosecuted heavily for allowing a minor to attain the weapon, as it reeks of improper storage and safety measures.

• Like 1