• Sophos Endpoint
    • Symantec/PC Tools/Norton
    • Trend Micro Anti-Virus/Internet Security
    • Vipre Antivirus
    • Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
    • ZoneAlarm Pro
    • Other (please specify below)

Question

It's a new year, and so we have a new poll for Definitive Best Paid Antivirus.The 2016 thread can be found here.

This is a poll for best PAID antivirus software. There is a separate thread for FREE antivirus software here

If your choice of paid antivirus software is not listed, please choose Other and specify in the comments.

32 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

EXACTLY!

When someone mentions another AV is better than webroot - I automatically assume its because they havent tried webroot.

FWIW - I have given a couple neowinians a webroot license for them to try it out  - I havent had 1 person tell me they uninstalled it...

we have deployed it as a second layer of protection in a corp setting, we are forced to use Symantec corp, but webroot happily runs alongside, webroot themselves have been awesome tbh, first a 30day trial, then extended to 60 then 90 days all free. 

2 minutes ago, Mando said:

we have deployed it as a second layer of protection in a corp setting, we are forced to use Symantec corp, but webroot happily runs alongside, webroot themselves have been awesome tbh, first a 30day trial, then extended to 60 then 90 days all free. 

Yes they are quite awesome.  They were eager to give me a super license to help "get the word out".  But I havent gone nuts and have been discreet about who I let have a license, which I am sure is why they keep renewing it for me every 2 years for free. :)

2 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Yes they are quite awesome.  They were eager to give me a super license to help "get the word out".  But I havent gone nuts and have been discreet about who I let have a license, which I am sure is why they keep renewing it for me every 2 years for free. :)

put it this way, if its good enough for Checkpoint Technologies to integrate in their firewalls and UTM solutions, that says bucketloads to me.

I had a Bitdefender Internet Security suite but it was more of a pain to run with than any supposed benefit so I've gone back to Windows Defender - period. I feel there is no real need to any third party AV and that most simply fall prey to marketing and/or paranoia. But if $50 makes a person "feel" safe then by all means... go for it.