Show us your Battlestations - 2017 Edition

4 hours ago, Ruti said:

Dont have money to buy it even with the £100 Savings xD

OMFG a NUC with a egpu!? i was wishing for a surface pro with an egpu but, NUC should be more afordable right?

How Much is that NUC?

I have this one: NUC7i5BNK

It is the only model that is THIN and has Thunderbolt 3. I setup a thicker i7 version for a client coupled with a Quadro P2000 eGPU. My setup was the test bed for that. It works beautifully - like it's fully supported, no issues at all. 

I was SO wishing for a Surface Pro with Thunderbolt 3 but alas the latest model only has USB3.0. I already have a SP4, but if they come out with one with TB3 I will ditch everything and that will be my one and only PC, mobile and at home.

If anyone is interested in a cheap eGPU solution, look at the Akitio Node

51 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

I have this one: NUC7i5BNK

It is the only model that is THIN and has Thunderbolt 3. I setup a thicker i7 version for a client coupled with a Quadro P2000 eGPU. My setup was the test bed for that. It works beautifully - like it's fully supported, no issues at all. 

I was SO wishing for a Surface Pro with Thunderbolt 3 but alas the latest model only has USB3.0. I already have a SP4, but if they come out with one with TB3 I will ditch everything and that will be my one and only PC, mobile and at home.

If anyone is interested in a cheap eGPU solution, look at the Akitio Node

do you recommend it for gaming? 

1 minute ago, Ruti said:

By itself, no. But if you add a eGPU, you'd get better performance.

6 minutes ago, Ruti said:

If you mean with an eGPU, absolutely.

But wait! Intel is coming out with some amazing stuff. They are working on new models that have discrete graphics built-in codenamed Hades Canyon.

Intel-NUC-Roadmap-2018-2019.png

18 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

If you mean with an eGPU, absolutely.

But wait! Intel is coming out with some amazing stuff. They are working on new models that have discrete graphics built-in codenamed Hades Canyon.

I'm waiting for Hades, too. See what monster they have created. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • DrunknMunky locked and unpinned this topic