Formula 1 World Championship 2017 Season Discussion

5 hours ago, Frank B. said:
<snip>

Did I miss something? Have we skipped the end of 2017 and gone straight to April 1, 2018?

Oh get lost Mclaren, you should be supporting Silverstone rather than stepping into replacing them before they've even lost the battle :@

On 8/15/2017 at 2:23 PM, Skiver said:

Oh get lost Mclaren, you should be supporting Silverstone rather than stepping into replacing them before they've even lost the battle :@

Mclaren marketing team: "This'll be a great idea!"
5 mins later - "This was not a good idea"

Really good race overall. 

I'm torn with driver of the day though. Ricciardo? Or Kyvat for not driving into anyone?

17 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Wonder if that has something to do with the much rumoured McLaren-Renault announcement? Or maybe simply due to the poor engine? Leaves the question...who will they use? I doubt they'd use Mercedes. Maybe the Ferrari engine freed up from Torro-Rosso, providing they move to Honda? Maybe the rumoured Porsche engines? Who knows?!

14 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

Wonder if that has something to do with the much rumoured McLaren-Renault announcement? Or maybe simply due to the poor engine? Leaves the question...who will they use? I doubt they'd use Mercedes. Maybe the Ferrari engine freed up from Torro-Rosso, providing they move to Honda? Maybe the rumoured Porsche engines? Who knows?!

It's all a bit crazy at the moment. There was also a rumour going around last week that Carlos Sainz is heading to Renault - presumably replacing Jolyon Palmer - even as soon as Malaysia; if so, Pierre Gasly will get the Toro Rosso seat, which would be interesting...

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

It's all a bit crazy at the moment. There was also a rumour going around last week that Carlos Sainz is heading to Renault - presumably replacing Jolyon Palmer - even as soon as Malaysia; if so, Pierre Gasly will get the Toro Rosso seat, which would be interesting...

I heard the same thing.

I don't see Merc or Ferrari willing to supply a team like RB and that only leaves Honda right now. However, I think RB is more likely to quit the sport then take a Honda engine at this point. At this point, I honestly believe Honda is doing more damage to the sport than good.

They've had a team like Mclaren floundering at the back of the grid if finishing at all for three years. It would seem Mclaren have now somehow convinced Renault to drop their support for RB in favour of the. This will now leave us with what is arguably one of the most exciting driver pairings on the grid either relegated to the back or without a team.

Time will tell what is about to happen but I think at best we'll see one team rise with another falling, the only hope is RB will have that rumoured Porsche deal sorted before 2019

Edited by Skiver

Hopefully Proche has a better chance if it does come in having made WEC Hybrid engines for a fair few years.

Honda just never got ontop of the Hybrid in F1, yeh their Indy engines and old non-hybrid F1 engines were great, but they just weren't ready to race hybrid.