Formula 1 World Championship 2017 Season Discussion

What a mess this swapping around is causing at the moment.  Torro Rosso are surely shooting themselves in the foot by letting Sainz go at this stage in the championship? Rather than aiming for jumping Williams I think they're now going to have to keep one eye over their shoulders at both Haas and now Renault who now has their star driver! 

Now they have to give back Gasly and the two races worth of experience he's gained and get another rookie in Hartley as well as bring back the ever demoted Kvyat who is either going to have to come back with a drive to secure a seat or someone who is feeling so dejected is never going to perform to his best which is arguably not good enough as it is.

I would have thought the best person to throw in that empty Torro Rosso seat would have been Palmer? He may not be the best driver but he's got the experience to hit the ground running, he might even surprise if the car suits him more!

Just before the race wraps up, Liberty Media tried something different before the start by introducing the drivers like boxers, complete with Michael Buffer.

Alternative link

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

Just before the race wraps up, Liberty Media tried something different before the start by introducing the drivers like boxers, complete with Michael Buffer.

<snip>

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

Thoughts?

Didn't care for it being done like that, no sir. :p

16 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Favourite clip from the entire race...

https://streamable.com/qma2t

that was good. I think mine was Kimi not giving a damn when the podium was turning. 

That DJ going mental and Kimi just swigging from the bottle hahaha

1 hour ago, SecretAgentMan said:

DNVXmHqW4AIBQNg.jpg

Drivers of the race:  Verstappen, Hamilton (World Champion)

Reject of the race:  Vettel (1st lap incident with Hamilton)

I wouldn't actually rate Hamilton in that race, I'd say he was pretty average. The only time he really seemed to shine was his overtake on Gasly and Alonso.

Max was in a class of his own though.

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I wouldn't actually rate Hamilton in that race, I'd say he was pretty average. The only time he really seemed to shine was his overtake on Gasly and Alonso.

Max was in a class of his own though.

Considering he also had damage after Vettel hit him he did a good job and won the Championship.  That rates a co-dotr imo. :)

1 minute ago, SecretAgentMan said:

Considering he also had damage after Vettel hit him he did a good job and won the Championship.  That rates a co-dotr imo. :)

In terms of this race, I'd argue Hamilton needed P5 or above to secure the championship, he didn't win it per-se. Vettel lost it by being too aggressive in turn one and dropping outside of the place he needed to keep the championship going. 

On 22/10/2017 at 9:30 PM, MightyJordan said:

Alternative link

Thoughts?

It was extremely tacky. They're trying desperately to Americanise the sport, pandering to spectacle over substance, when the sport was doing just great without it. I really hope this doesn't become a permanent addition.