What is the best email service for 2017?

Best email service for 2017?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best email service for 2017?

• Gmail
    • Outlook
    • iCloud
    • Yahoo Mail
    • Protonmail
    • Fastmail
    • Other (specify into the thread)

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike Gmail's web layout a lot. It's rather unintuitive for me, although others may have a different opinion. I only have a Gmail for Blogger and Google+ (and account activation mails), actually, because Google spam the heck out of you with notifications in your email box by default, for no reason (even though the notification box thing exists that you can click on to see notifications).

I really like GMX Mail aka Mail.com, the latter has extremely good domains you can use for your email such as @email.com or @post.com. The layout is much better and organised in my opinion, and I prefer getting my mail from the same website rather than having to go through another site's settings, like Outlook wants you to when you want to change your email settings.

I also have an AOL email, too, which is fairly good, although I prefer Mail.com/GMX.

On 1/10/2017 at 7:11 PM, Premgenius said:

Switched from Gmail to Outlook solely for syncing between iOS, Windows & macOS, works flawlessly and help the rest of the family with the switch no complains from them either

i synced with ios with laptop through Gmail. They have that option. Why did you switch? I am just curious and want to know if I am missing out on a feature by using gmail instead of outlook

If you're not going to be using the web interfaces it doesn't really matter.

I have personal emails on Gmail and iCloud. I have business emails on G Suite, Office365/Outlook and Zoho.

Gmail offers by far the best web interface. It's the cleanest and fastest.

iCloud is an excellent service for no frills and native push notifications on iOS

I don't really like Outlooks interface. It's not as fast as Gmail, conversational emails can quickly become a confusing mess, the search is not even close to being as powerful as Gmail. The 'Favourites' section of the sidebar annoys the life out of me, I don't even know why it exists. The 'Inbox' portion just feels cluttered, separation of emails is poor.

10 hours ago, game_over said:

I don't really like Outlooks interface. It's not as fast as Gmail, conversational emails can quickly become a confusing mess, the search is not even close to being as powerful as Gmail. The 'Favourites' section of the sidebar annoys the life out of me, I don't even know why it exists. The 'Inbox' portion just feels cluttered, separation of emails is poor.

I used to agree, but ever since Outlook was updated a couple of months ago I haven't had any complaints. 

On 1/23/2017 at 8:28 AM, wendy oltman said:

i synced with ios with laptop through Gmail. They have that option. Why did you switch? I am just curious and want to know if I am missing out on a feature by using gmail instead of outlook

It was mainly that I wanted Oulook to sync all my contacts, calendar and managed my mail across my phone, windows desktop and macOS

I paid for and switched to fastmail.com for security reasons; i.e. NSA/FBI/CIA/13 other US security agencies and TRUMP's intention to spy upon all social media users and e-mail users too

Best is realative to a persons needs, so people will vote for what they like, need or use because of a specific reason. That doesn't necessarily mean the results show the "best" e-mail service.

On 1/9/2017 at 4:05 AM, Antigen said:

What is the best email service for 2017 for reliability and services?

11 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Best is realative to a persons needs, so people will vote for what they like, need or use because of a specific reason. That doesn't necessarily mean the results show the "best" e-mail service.

He said in reliability and services. Not just "the best"...

But, ayway, I use Gmail, have been ever since it came out in Beta and allowed people in.

50 minutes ago, Premgenius said:

It was mainly that I wanted Oulook to sync all my contacts, calendar and managed my mail across my phone, windows desktop and macOS

Oh I see. I only needed to sync contacts so Gmail was enough. I am glad to see that I am not missing out on any feature