What is the best email service for 2017?

Best email service for 2017?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best email service for 2017?

• Gmail
    • Outlook
    • iCloud
    • Yahoo Mail
    • Protonmail
    • Fastmail
    • Other (specify into the thread)

9 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

He said in reliability and services. Not just "the best"...

But, ayway, I use Gmail, have been ever since it came out in Beta and allowed people in.

Right but your reliability may be better then his depending on where you are in the world and what type of connection. And services, maybe he needs different services then someone else does? It's all relative to the person using it. Everyone should pick 2-3 and test them then determine for themselves which works better in their use case.

43 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Right but your reliability may be better then his depending on where you are in the world and what type of connection. And services, maybe he needs different services then someone else does? It's all relative to the person using it. Everyone should pick 2-3 and test them then determine for themselves which works better in their use case.

Aye. Same with computer cases. Personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...
What's Protonmail like? Does it have a export message feature like gmail does?

I really like it! The best feature for me is keeping my privacy and it's not based in the U.S. So it's outside U.S. legal jurisdiction. No ads or mining my emails to sell to advertisers. It has a nice minimal look. Custom theme scripts are avaliable. The mobile app is great very similar to Gmail. HIGHLY recommend to anyone concerned about privacy.

No exporting is not available yet according to their sitw.

That's a deal breaker for me sadly [emoji20]

That's too bad. The exporting issue a side then it's a great email service. I'd definitely keep it on your radar. Maybe contact them about that feature. Their support is very responsive and polite. Their Twitter account seems to get quicker responses to features and questions than email, FYI.

I feel bad for the one person who chose Yahoo Mail, especially considering how details about a third breach (due to forged cookies) is beginning to come out.

Gmail and Outlook are awesome though, especially with two factor authentication enabled.

2 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

I feel bad for the one person who chose Yahoo Mail, especially considering how details about a third breach (due to forged cookies) is beginning to come out.

Gmail and Outlook are awesome though, especially with two factor authentication enabled.

i have  a ymail account too. What is this about a breach? Will our emails be leaked or privacy be invaded?

That's good. But still change your password and enable 2FA for it. And maybe check your sent and trash folder for old emails that could have personal information or your profile. Just to make sure.

I don't trust anything electronic I prefer the old fashioned postal service atleast they don't open n analyze your letter lol

Probably more susceptible to human error and old fashion theft by hand at the post office. I don't think political exiles like Snowden use old fashion mail.

47 minutes ago, LoboVerde said:

That's good. But still change your password and enable 2FA for it. And maybe check your sent and trash folder for old emails that could have personal information or your profile. Just to make sure.

Even with 2FA enabled, I still wouldn't trust or use a Yahoo account. It's high time everyone abandoned that ship.

Even with 2FA enabled, I still wouldn't trust or use a Yahoo account. It's high time everyone abandoned that ship.

For a junk mail account until they switch I think it'll be fine for now. But for main account yeah I wouldn't trust it either.

• 5 months later...

I use and prefer Gmail for my personal email. My work email uses Office 365, and I'm not much of a fan.

Edit: Just noticed that this is a bumped old thread.