Samsung Gear Fit 2 vs Apple Watch series 2 (Nike edition)

As reported the Gear Fit 2 is now iOS compatible and not just the Apple Watch series 2.

What I would like:

GPS, HRM, compatible with notifications as well as email reading on device, sleep tracking, steps monitoring and some sort of 'reward' system (alike Nike Fuel); mainly used for daily activity tracking and running (and must be compatible with either Garmin and/or Nike NRC/Fuel), nice design (currently.... the Gear Fit 2 has a privilege in design)

I do own an iPhone 7 and would like the device to be compatible with this, but I tend more to Apple.

Which device should I get?

5 hours ago, kiddingguy said:

As reported the Gear Fit 2 is now iOS compatible and not just the Apple Watch series 2.

What I would like:

GPS, HRM, compatible with notifications as well as email reading on device, sleep tracking, steps monitoring and some sort of 'reward' system (alike Nike Fuel); mainly used for daily activity tracking and running (and must be compatible with either Garmin and/or Nike NRC/Fuel), nice design (currently.... the Gear Fit 2 has a privilege in design)

I do own an iPhone 7 and would like the device to be compatible with this, but I tend more to Apple.

Which device should I get?

Have you had a look at the price of the two devices, there is a significant difference between the two which could influence you. 

I can't imagine the integration of the Samsung Gear Fit2 will be as good as the Apple Watch, so whilst both may be very similar in terms of functionality, how they integrate with your phone may also be important. 

• 5 months later...

Did you end up buying either?  I have been trying to choose a fitness tracker for running (probably won't wear it otherwise), and eventually pulled the trigger on the Gear Fit 2.  Hopefully I won't be sending it back in a hurry.

Why the Gear Fit 2?

1. Reasonable price
  2. GPS and Heart Rate monitoring
  3. Can store audio
  4. Seems relatively sleek

Why not something else?

1. Apple watch looks cool but seems very expensive for something I will wear for 4-6 hours a week.
  2. Most others can't store music.
  3. The Android Wear watches (e.g. Polar M600 and others) which can store music, have to use an Android Phone and Google Play Music which can't do gapless playback.
  4. The only other choice seemed to be the TomTom Runner 3, but again don't know if it supports gapless playback, seems very chunky and doesn't have a touch screen.

I have lots of questions, which could be deal breakers:

1. Does it do gapless audio playback? - can't find any information on this.  Most of what I listen to when I run is trance, speed garage (the classics) and house mixes
  2. Can I sync my runs with another service (my favourite right now is Nike+)? - from what I can find this should work
  3. How nicely will it play with my iPhone? - from what I have read, nicely enough for my purposes
  4. Will it last 2 hours of GPS, heart rate, and music, which is about as long as my runs get at the moment? - I guess the proof is in the pudding!