Mini-Spy Issues

See attached image, but I have disabled "Domestic Politics" from mini-spy but those items are still showing. I have refreshed the webpage, cleared cookies and cache and still shows up.

Capture.PNG

I have also added multiple members to my ignore list, yet you can see in this other mini-spy image, they are still showing up. Shouldn't these users not show up on my mini-spy if they are set to ignore?

capture2.PNG

odd, I have the domestic politics disabled and it works perfectly from several PCs, on Chrome, Ie (yes IE... outdated work computer in domain :rolleyes:) and opera

Perhaps it has to do with being a sub? eg. behaviors change to allow access? dunno :p

edit:

That said, never used ignore, curious to see how it should behave.

• Like 2

The ignore list isn't built into mini-spy, if you don't want to read the posts by a member, don't click on the thread when it comes up there.

Did you disable domestic politics itself, or the whole of RWI?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveLegg said:

The ignore list isn't built into mini-spy, if you don't want to read the posts by a member, don't click on the thread when it comes up there.

That doesnt make a ton of sense, but OK. If i enter the thread, I wont see the post. The whole idea is so I can ignore seeing their posts. Can I recommend a feature be implemented so we do not see those names even pop up in the minispy? Just a suggestion.

I disabled domestic politics itself, but even doing the whole RWI i still see domestic politics show up.

Not sure what the other person recommended as I have them hidden.

edit by chance did you make an edit to my account and block all of RWI? The forum looks to have a feature where I can hide subforums and not the entire forum. I dont want to hide all of real world news, just domestic politics, conspiracy. I still want to see science and some of the other posts. It looks like the forum is setup so that I should be able to do this, just not working.

• 4 weeks later...

I still see this happening, right now I have Back Page News exlcuded from minispy yet I still see Front Page news items. Is this because front page news doesnt actually link up with the forum? @DaveLegg @Steven P.

I have refreshed the page, cleared my cookies and cache.

block1.PNG

block2.PNG

Seems to work here, however.

block3.PNG

On 10/01/2017 at 9:58 PM, DaveLegg said:

Did you disable domestic politics itself, or the whole of RWI?

It's been suggested, many times, a tutorial was offered.

Hell, even the childish 'suggestions' posted would simply backfire on a reversed situation.

• Like 3

If you'd bother to read, weve moved beyond that. Not sure what non-sense you are trying to spout. The tutorial you speak of, is exactly what I am talking about. Items are still shown on the minispy when hidden on the forum. @DaveLegg again my question remains, if i hide front page news will those still show on the mini spy because the articles are no longer linked to actual forum threads?

• Like 1

I had bothered to read it, so I could equally say, something like 'if you had bothered not to jump to conlusions'

But putting that aside, I was responding to the part where you said, and I quote...

'That doesnt make a ton of sense, but OK. If i enter the thread, I wont see the post. The whole idea is so I can ignore seeing their posts. Can I recommend a feature be implemented so we do not see those names even pop up in the minispy? Just a suggestion.'

I'm sure the teams that are working hard here to keep this site up and running, And updated, have a lot more to worry about a rather petty and selfish request regardless of how long a member has been here

I'd wager the dev/admin recieve hate and troll messages through the forum AND their personal messaging, a downside of being the face of any company, and have little choice but to let it go.

Yes, they have the power to ban, but that doesn't stop someone from creating another account and continuing their hate, moreso if a user is in an internet cafe or college server.

• Like 4