Nintendo Switch Price and Release Date Revealed

Nintendo Switch Price and Release Date Revealed

The next Nintendo console will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99 in North AmericaBy Marty Sliva

Nintendo Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99 USD ($469.95 AUD, £279.99 GBP, ¥29,980 JPY). This announcement came during Nintendo’s Switch Presentation.

It will come with the console, L and R Joy-Con, Joy-Con wrist straps, Joy-Con grip, the Nintendo Switch dock, HDMI cable, and an AC adapter. The Pro Controller will be available separately. In addition, one model with come with grey controllers, and another model with one neon red and one neon blue. Both versions will be the same suggested retail price.

For context, PlayStation 4 currently starts at $299, PlayStation 4 Pro starts at $399, and Xbox One starts at $249.

Continues...

-----

Splatoon 2 announced, due summer

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe adds Splatoon characters and Battle Mode courses

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a Switch launch title – watch the awesome new trailer

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is coming to Switch

Nintendo have lost the plot and Australia before the console even launches, more expensive than the PS4 and Xbox One both come bundled with games. And another controller costs $120 bucks? Paid online for Nintendo quality?

I'll give it to them but, Super Mario Odyssey is exactly what I was demanding in the last thread.

Best of luck to them, they'll need it (Y)

$299 price tag and 2.5 hour battery life (in heavy play... which I assume Zelda would be) is a deal breaker for me.

I'll keep on eye on this and MAYBE pick one up on a Black Friday sale or something later in the year if there are big discounts but there's no chance I'm buying it at launch.

There also doesn't seem to be jack in games available AT LAUNCH.