X-B.I.T. modchip

has anyone heard anything good about the X-B.I.T. modchip or has anyone used one? it looks good cause it's got a USB connection for flashing the bios. any thoughts....

i'd go read about it at www.xbox-scene.com. i think it has good specs, but since its the first version, they had a few bugs to iron out. right now, i'd stick with xecuter just cuz they have experience. but them and exodus are coming out with new versions too.

looks like the xbit supports WinXP, but the compatibility seems to be shoty. When is the new xecutor v.3 coming out? any moree of a difinitive date other than Q1 2004?

I've actually purchased an XBIT for a xbox i modded. wanted to try it out. here's my review: it sucks ;]

anyways

the xbit pins aren't aligned properly. it'll take ages for u to find just the perfect spot, and lets hope it doesn't move slightly when u screw it in. :rolleyes:

BUT, it does have some very clean solder methods. even a nice clean wire install method, which is rare to see.

The software used to flash the chip is extremely buggy in xp. It will run, but will hang when writing or formatting. I've only had problems on XP though. Win2K works perfectly.

What i hate most is that the on/off switch is extremely small, and needs to be mounted on the back of the xbox. So if you were going to play Live! u would have to reach behind your xbox with a flashlight and a small screwdriver or something and flick the dipswitch. This to me is a big hassle when the xecutor has a nice front mounted dipswitch.

The alternative to the XBIT dipswitch, is their stealth install method. U would hold down the power button for say 5 seconds and it would turn the chip off/on.

The XBIT is a solid chip once u get everything installed and working correctly. Maybe their newer version will fix some of the issues, but until then I'll stick with xecutor.

well i guess that depends on how fast u want to get your xbox modded.

the executor 3 isn't long off. though, when it does come out that will just be the pro version. meaning u will have to solder. so if ur one of the ppl that wants a solderless, the 3 light probably won't come out until one or two months after that.