• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

I need a logo. And I'll pay...

Question

Tim Dorr    0

Ok, here's what'll get you $20 quick bucks in your pocket (via PayPal):

I'm looking for a logo for a potential company I'm looking to start with some friends here at Tech.

The name: A Small Orange Software (ASOsoft for short)

The logo subject: I want an orange as the subject. Since this is a logo, you'll be limited to 2-3 colors on a white background.

The format: I'd prefer a vector version, but rasters are fine if the res is high enough (at least 600x600) and are lossless.

I don't really care how the orange looks. It can be sliced, whole, peeled, juiced, etc. However, because of the color limitation, you'll probably want to make it look like the current flat, cel shaded look that's being trendwhored a lot lately :p

I'll have the thread closed when I've made my choice and contacted the "winner" :)

Here's the submissions I like so far (in no order):

http://www.fifteenpaintcans.org/kyle/asosoft2.jpg

http://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-31-1074117688.jpg

http://www.961media.com/neoWinImages/ASOsoft/ASOsoft.gif

http://virtualbottojr.no-ip.org/~elw3irdo/ASOsoft.c.png

Use them for guidelines on style. However, they all seem to have layout issues. I want the logo and text separated. I don't even need the text, even :)

.....    0

I have no real intention of "winning" but here's a quick idea I had that could be worked on a bit.

Just a quick 2 minute job. I wasn't sure if 600x600 was a requirement or not, just seemed a bit too much black space at that size.

Edit: Sorry, I missed that it'd have to be on a white background.

Edited by andrewfee

mw_jon    0

I wish I could work with more colors; I could really come up with something beautiful.

post-31-1074114899.jpg

Emon    40

there ya go .. more coming ..

mwilson    0

Hi,

Here's a quickie...

ASOsoft.gif

best_uv_d_best    0

WOW i like that one... not that it matters :)

Good job mwilson!!!

hornett    0

In the process of learning Illustrator ... it would seem I still need some work :laugh:

post-31-1074116408.png

super_serge    0

@mwilson, how did you make that squiggley orange line at the bottom, the one that is thickest in the middle and thin at the ends, thats all i need for my logo and then ill post. Thx!!! :)

Stokkolm    337
very good, but it reads CASOsoft to me :blink:

Would be better to move trhe Orange to the O in soft.

I don't see that. I can see how u would think that but it doesn't look like that to me.

best_uv_d_best    0

me either. i think mwilson hit this nail on the head. (Y)

SYBOLD    0

just a note, all are full color except the one from mwilson if he has the vector file which i think he has ;)

pre-press isn't easy .....

Bant    0

just throwing some ideas around... mostly just for fun ;)

tomwarren    68

Pretty nice mwilson ;)

Xerus    0

Wee... I tried to keep the colors down.. but still try to get an orange's texture in.

asosoft.jpg

asosoft2.jpg

Tim Dorr    0

In general, I like the logos, but ASOsoft is just an abreviation. It's like MS for MicroSoft. The logo should contain the text A Small Orange Software, if at all. I'd prefer something that doesn't integrate the text and logo. The logo should be separate from the text, really.

mw_jon: I like the orange in the O. Maybe you can run with that :)

mwilson: I really like the cutout orange! Very professional. Maybe you can adapt to fit my comments above.

Bant: Same for you. Very professional! However, maybe a sans-serif font. It sorta looks like a financial firm with the current font :D

Xerus: I think that orange could work well, I'd just worry about how it looks when shrunk. The texture may be lost.

Keep up the good work. guys. This is some great stuff and you're making it hard for me to decide :D

giga    46

I'm liking mwilson's and Bant's.

Bant    0

ah, i must have misread ya tim, dunno if i will have time to throw my other idea together, so i will post it as up for grabs if anybody wants to toy with it ;p

basically i was thinking a round slice of an orange(lying down, looking all cool and 3d) but cut like a CD (though thicker). i thought it was a pretty nice idea anyway ;), but not sure about sizing, as it would probably lose a lot of detail.

Xerus    0

Arr matey, I think the texture of the orange may be lost somewhat, but some bits of it may be there. Unless you dont want that =O

asosoft3.jpg

asosoft4.jpg

More! =D

Note: No, cd's dont cut oranges well. But .... they could. =)

Xerus    0

asosoft5.jpg

Wow I'm so bored right now =) I also made some orange slices but I cant position them right... =/

Emon    40

graeme_7799    0

the second and fourth logos on page 1 have definate potential just to let you know. I would make one for free if u like! lol good competition out there tho.

memNOC    0

IMO that font isnt working.. try something more moden and 'trendy', to say a word.. and you should try designing an orange, rather than pasting a pic.. it looks much more professional if done correctly..

i'll go with the majority.. teh winnar=mwilson (Y)