I need a logo. And I'll pay...

Question

Ok, here's what'll get you $20 quick bucks in your pocket (via PayPal):

I'm looking for a logo for a potential company I'm looking to start with some friends here at Tech.

The name: A Small Orange Software (ASOsoft for short)

The logo subject: I want an orange as the subject. Since this is a logo, you'll be limited to 2-3 colors on a white background.

The format: I'd prefer a vector version, but rasters are fine if the res is high enough (at least 600x600) and are lossless.

I don't really care how the orange looks. It can be sliced, whole, peeled, juiced, etc. However, because of the color limitation, you'll probably want to make it look like the current flat, cel shaded look that's being trendwhored a lot lately :p

I'll have the thread closed when I've made my choice and contacted the "winner" :)

Here's the submissions I like so far (in no order):

http://www.fifteenpaintcans.org/kyle/asosoft2.jpg

https://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-31-1074117688.jpg

http://www.961media.com/neoWinImages/ASOsoft/ASOsoft.gif

http://virtualbottojr.no-ip.org/~elw3irdo/ASOsoft.c.png

Use them for guidelines on style. However, they all seem to have layout issues. I want the logo and text separated. I don't even need the text, even :)

lol... nice idea... wonder where he got it?

i said i got it from you already lol...i just liked the idea a lot...i still think your's is better.

sorry to anger you if i did at all... >.<

@mwilson, how did you make that squiggley orange line at the bottom, the one that is thickest in the middle and thin at the ends, thats all i need for my logo and then ill post. Thx!!! :)

You'll need to create B?zier curves using the pen tool of your illustration program. You can do it in Photoshop as well, but I generally use Illustrator.

In general, I like the logos, but ASOsoft is just an abreviation. It's like MS for MicroSoft. The logo should contain the text A Small Orange Software, if at all. I'd prefer something that doesn't integrate the text and logo. The logo should be separate from the text, really.

mwilson: I really like the cutout orange! Very professional. Maybe you can adapt to fit my comments above.

So now you want to get picky for your 20 bucks eh? :)

I don't see a nice way to include the orange as I have it now, yet seperate it from the words... that's kind of the whole idea of the design.

The logo I provided does contain the text "A Small Orange Software". Did you want that to be the only text in the logo? If so, why did you mention the short version in your request? Do you still want both, but in reverse?

Who told you you could get squat for ganking my property? You need to remove my work from your post. I was never in it for the money anyway, but you have no right to use my work without my permission.

3rd attempt, I borrowed some design ideas from someone else

thats quite the rip off there man...i cant believe youd even post that as borrowing his idea when its the exact same thing only scaled down. weak.

Who told you you could get squat for ganking my property? You need to remove my work from your post. I was never in it for the money anyway, but you have no right to use my work without my permission.

Right on. smm5786, you need to make sure *own* designs.

if timdorr wants the design i modifed from mwilson, money goes to him. im interested in claiming money for something i didnt originally come up with. and im surprised anyone else here would claim their originality when it's all against them. *shakes head*

Well there are a few people playing off my idea. That's one thing..., but it doesn't **** me off--people get ideas from all over. He outright just plain old said to hell with it, and took my property. :angry: :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: This is what you get when you try to help someone out. $20 doesn't pay me for the time it takes to open Illustrator, I was doing it to help out... then some gimp comes along and rapes my contribution. Dude...

ok ok ok I took a shortcut I should have made my own orange...sorry, anyways here is MY orange...I drew...by myself.

I will no longer share the prize money, and I don't want any money for it at all...this image is being released under the "GNU General Public License".

post-31-1074134716.jpg

You need to remove the other image or I am going to request you be banned for theft. Jackass.

mwilson, I removed the image....thanks for calling me a Jackass....feel better now? deep breaths....your orange is safe now.