I need a logo. And I'll pay...

Question

Ok, here's what'll get you $20 quick bucks in your pocket (via PayPal):

I'm looking for a logo for a potential company I'm looking to start with some friends here at Tech.

The name: A Small Orange Software (ASOsoft for short)

The logo subject: I want an orange as the subject. Since this is a logo, you'll be limited to 2-3 colors on a white background.

The format: I'd prefer a vector version, but rasters are fine if the res is high enough (at least 600x600) and are lossless.

I don't really care how the orange looks. It can be sliced, whole, peeled, juiced, etc. However, because of the color limitation, you'll probably want to make it look like the current flat, cel shaded look that's being trendwhored a lot lately :p

I'll have the thread closed when I've made my choice and contacted the "winner" :)

Here's the submissions I like so far (in no order):

http://www.fifteenpaintcans.org/kyle/asosoft2.jpg

https://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-31-1074117688.jpg

http://www.961media.com/neoWinImages/ASOsoft/ASOsoft.gif

http://virtualbottojr.no-ip.org/~elw3irdo/ASOsoft.c.png

Use them for guidelines on style. However, they all seem to have layout issues. I want the logo and text separated. I don't even need the text, even :)

mwilson, I removed the image....thanks for calling me a Jackass....feel better now? deep breaths....your orange is safe now.

you are a pure jackass fishercounter. get the hell outta here if you can get satisfaction off of ripping his work.

and nice revisiion smm...much better than before.

Bunch of orange thieves around here. :p

Here's my contribution to the orange effort...

get a better orange image and a new font, change that around and you'll have something ;)

foofighter, can I use your orange? I have a new idea for a new logo

lmfao, well this is unexpected! if i were foofighter, id say no. that would be what happens when you **** real artists over fishercounter.

lmfao, well this is unexpected! if i were foofighter, id say no. that would be what happens when you **** real artists over fishercounter.

thanks for your input, I already apologized ok, so move on.

get a better orange image and a new font, change that around and you'll have something ;)

So basically change everything and I might have something? lol :s

I made that orange from scratch in illustrator btw, go me! :p

This is good - mine has a little story behind it... So I started out with a good idea... And I start working on - going pretty good. So I come back and look at this thread which is about the time I realized that I had no chance in hell of winning... So it kinda deteriorated from there... But hey, at least I did it. :rolleyes:

[Edit] Woah! Artifacts... :blink:

[Edit again] Here's a better version - no artifacts.

[Edit once again] Okay correction - less artifacts.

post-31-1074138649.gif

Edited by Evil Dragon

mwilson: how about you submit another one. I *really* did like your logo (it was the first one I seriously considered from the submissions at the time), so I'd like to see what you can do if you put some extra time into it :)

Well, for one, he used two solid colors in his images. Some people don't read instructions... :p

Secondly, his was rather professional looking: something I want in a logo :)

no offense but the company name seems to long. should be orange soft. or like small orange software. then again never mind.

ASOsoft is it's nickname for the company ;)

Here we go - a little update... Mostly it's just to make it easier for me - the outline is now a compound shape with variable roundness, and the inside of the orange is a group... I will admit that I got the idea for cutting out the center of the orange from jon on the first page...

So jon... If you ask it of me... I will commit seppuku. :|

[Edit] Oh, and that reminds me... I'm no longer trying to win - I pretty much gave up on that. At this point I'm just trying to see what I can do with it (see if I can make something that I would use).

Why am I still posting it you ask? Well... I'll tell you why... It's because... I.... HEY LOOK! A PURPLE ELEPHANT!

post-31-1074140220.gif

Here we go - a little update... Mostly it's just to make it easier for me - the outline is now a compound shape with variable roundness, and the inside of the orange is a group... I will admit that I got the idea for cutting out the center of the orange from jon on the first page...

So jon... If you ask it of me... I will commit seppuku. :|

lol pretty good. great originality in this thread is admirable!

timdorr can you post the site or a preview of the site that way it would be easier to create a logo that would fit your needs.

we are about to get shut down i think lol. fatcat in the hizzle. damn you graphic mastermind.