I need a logo. And I'll pay...

Question

Ok, here's what'll get you $20 quick bucks in your pocket (via PayPal):

I'm looking for a logo for a potential company I'm looking to start with some friends here at Tech.

The name: A Small Orange Software (ASOsoft for short)

The logo subject: I want an orange as the subject. Since this is a logo, you'll be limited to 2-3 colors on a white background.

The format: I'd prefer a vector version, but rasters are fine if the res is high enough (at least 600x600) and are lossless.

I don't really care how the orange looks. It can be sliced, whole, peeled, juiced, etc. However, because of the color limitation, you'll probably want to make it look like the current flat, cel shaded look that's being trendwhored a lot lately :p

I'll have the thread closed when I've made my choice and contacted the "winner" :)

Here's the submissions I like so far (in no order):

http://www.fifteenpaintcans.org/kyle/asosoft2.jpg

https://www.neowin.net/forum/uploads/post-31-1074117688.jpg

http://www.961media.com/neoWinImages/ASOsoft/ASOsoft.gif

http://virtualbottojr.no-ip.org/~elw3irdo/ASOsoft.c.png

Use them for guidelines on style. However, they all seem to have layout issues. I want the logo and text separated. I don't even need the text, even :)

mwilson, I removed the image....thanks for calling me a Jackass....feel better now? deep breaths....your orange is safe now.

No I don't feel better. I didn't want to spend my evening ticked off because someone ripped off my design. I have worked years learning techniques and tools to create even simple designs like this and I don't appreciate someone taking my work and using it in any form without my permission. And don't try to belittle my anger with your lame lack of honesty and integrity.

mwilson: how about you submit another one. I *really* did like your logo (it was the first one I seriously considered from the submissions at the time), so I'd like to see what you can do if you put some extra time into it :)

Hi,

I will try to put something up tomorrow. It is late and I am going to hit the sack.

Here is my first stab. Using Fireworks MX 2004. Not sure how many colors, maybe someone can tell me where to look, or how to set Fireworks to use 3 color to begin with. What u think?

post-31-1074144116.png

Here's my shot.

The thing is fully scalable, but its not "vector" in technical terms, but its scalable to any size without loss of quality anyway :woot:

Woah, that's neat. Probably the best I've seen so far ;)

Here is my first stab. Using Fireworks MX 2004. Not sure how many colors, maybe someone can tell me where to look, or how to set Fireworks to use 3 color to begin with. What u think?

It's not a mode... It's 3 colors. As in, you can only use 3 different colors in it.

timdorr can you post the site or a preview of the site that way it would be easier to create a logo that would fit your needs.

Haven't got one yet. So, this is rather freeform. I'd be interested to see what you can do though. I like a lot of your previous work and it has the qualities I'm looking for :)

I must say there are some very talented individuals here.

I don't know how you draw those oranges, but it's highly impressive.

Pat yourselves on the back!

I posted some examples of ones I like so far on the front post. Use them as style guidelines, but don't use the same layout. I would like something that I can separate the logo and text to a certain extent. Effect just posted one that works very well to this extent. While it does include some of the text, it is in a minimal way. I want minimal to no text integrated with the logo itself :)

Ok, absolutely last one of the night. This one I really like. I could play around with the font, or letter coloring. Like maybe color just the O and S green or something. I like it because it sort of looks like Orange O.S.

Maybe I've just been looking at it too long! g'night.

post-31-1074146803.png