Nintendo Details The Differences Between Zelda: Breath Of The Wild On Switch And Wii U

The Wii U and Switch version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will not be identical, and Nintendo recently detailed some of the differences.

Speaking wit IGN, Nintendo shared a list of what will separate the two versions of the game. The good news is the game design, mechanics, etc. will be the same. Neither game features additional gameplay content. Both will also feature the same framerate.

The Switch version of the game will have a higher resolution, running at 900p in TV mode, where the Wii U version runs at 720p. The Switch version of the game will also have improved audio quality. The Wii U version will also require an installation that will take up 3GB of space.

For our impression of the Switch version of Breath of the Wild, head here.

[Source: IGN]

Our Take
I'm happy to hear the gap between the two versions of the game isn't too wide, but there is no denying that the Switch version is the superior way to play Breath of the Wild.

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

wow a whole 900p of resolution!   :/ 

Only when docked.  When undocked it drops to 720p (or lower?) as well.  In fact I'd be interested in a comparison between the UNdocked Switch version and the Wii U version. (sorry if the IGN article covers that... IGN is blocked at work)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

Only when docked.  When undocked it drops to 720p (or lower?) as well.  In fact I'd be interested in a comparison between the UNdocked Switch version and the Wii U version. (sorry if the IGN article covers that... IGN is blocked at work)

wow, to think 8K tvs are starting to come out. I wonder what gaming on a 4k tv will look like for switch :laugh:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

When docked and played on a big screen, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild runs at 900p. Undocked, in portable mode, it drops down to 720p.

Edit - both at 30 FPS for docked/undocked with minor slow down during more intense scenes. 

Source